Two more complainants have come forward to the BBC since it launched a review into Russell Brand’s behaviour, the corporation has said.
It comes after four women alleged in a joint investigation by The Sunday Times, The Times and Channel 4 Dispatches that the comedian sexually assaulted them between 2006 and 2013.
In the programme, which aired on Channel 4 on 16 September, one woman claimed she was sexually assaulted by Russell during a three-month relationship when she was 16 and another alleged she was raped at his Los Angeles home in 2012.
Russell, 48, who worked on BBC Radio 2 and BBC Radio 6 Music programmes from 2006 to 2008, has strongly denied the allegations.
The nature of the latest allegations is not specified in an update on the BBC’s review into Russell’s conduct. A total of five complaints have now been made directly to the BBC, the update added.
The update says the complaints include “allegations of inappropriate conduct in the workplace, including urinating in bottles in a BBC studio; alleged inappropriate use of BBC cars and further allegations of conduct in and around the studio falling below the standards expected of someone engaged by the BBC.'
They include two individuals who raised complaints and concerns between 2006 and 2008, when Russell was employed at the corporation, and again after he left the BBC. The complaints also include an allegation of misconduct in LA in 2008.
The BBC previously said it would be conducting a review of claims Russell flashed a woman before laughing about it on his radio show. The incident allegedly happened when the woman was working in the same building as the corporation’s office in the US city.
The report update says the investigation is “in no way complete” but “it would appear that no disciplinary action was taken against Russell Brand during his engagement with the BBC in 2006-8 prior to his departure from the BBC”.
Brand’s use of BBC cars was called into question after The Times reported a woman’s claims that the Get Him To The Greek actor used the broadcaster’s car service to pick her up from school when she was 16 so she could visit his home.
The update said: “Due to the passage of time the BBC’s records of car bookings are no longer available. This means that we have not been able to identify the precise details of this or any records or details of specific journeys or bookings made for Russell Brand.
“We have spoken to a number of individuals who either had knowledge of the BBC car arrangements at the time, or who drove vehicles for the BBC at or around the time. No one we have spoken to so far recalls driving Russell Brand at the time. Our investigations are continuing.”
OK! has contacted representatives for Russell Brand for comment.
Source: Read Full Article