- Jeff and Goldblum and Sam Neil recreated the famous chaos theory scene from the original "Jurassic Park."
- Goldblum previously promised that if 1,000 people registered to vote via a link in his Instagram bio, he would "recreate a classic Dr. Ian Malcolm moment."
- The original chaos theory scene saw Goldblum's Dr. Ian Malcolm demonstrate chaos theory on Laura Dern's Dr. Ellie Sattler using water droplets and "imperfections in the skin."
- In Goldblum's reenactment with Neil posted to Goldblum's Instagram account, Neil said: "I don't know if I'm scared or excited."
- The original trio are currently shooting "Jurassic World: Dominion" and Goldblum told Insider in August the first scene they shot was the three of them hiding from a brand new breed of dinosaurs.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neil reenacted the famous chaos theory scene from the original "Jurassic Park" while shooting the latest installment, "Jurassic World: Dominion."
This time, it was Sam Neil's turn for chaos theory. The New Zealand actor, who plays Dr. Alan Grant, took part in a video posted to Jeff Goldblum's Instagram account on Friday in which the two played out the scene.
"You've got slight imperfections in your hand like that and I notice that it might be going over your head like this," Goldblum said while dripping water on Neil's hand.
Neil said: "I don't know if I'm scared or excited." Toward the end of the video, Ellie Satler herself, Laura Dern, popped up and said: "I've seen this before!"
View this post on Instagram
That was fast! We’ve already hit 1,000 voting actions. As a reward, please enjoy this re-enactment of the “Chaos Theory” scene with my original costars @samneilltheprop and @lauradern! AND! If we get 1,000 more voting actions through @headcountorg (link in bio), I will post another classic Jurassic Park reenactment… #GoodToVote 🙏🏼🦖🇺🇸😎
In the original scene, Goldblum's Dr. Ian Malcolm tries to demonstrate chaos theory on Laura Dern's Dr. Ellie Sattler in that iconic Jurassic Park car.
Ian puts water droplets on Ellie's hand several times and explains that tiny variations and imperfections in the skin will mean that the droplet will never roll down her hand in the same direction twice. Watch the original scene below to compare with Goldblum and Neil's updated version.
Goldblum posted the video after promising to "recreate a classic Dr. Ian Malcolm moment" from the original movie if 1,000 people registered to vote via a link in his Instagram bio. In his caption for the video, Goldblum wrote: "That was fast! We've already hit 1,000 voting actions. As a reward, please enjoy this re-enactment of the 'Chaos Theory' scene with my original costars."
Goldblum also promised that if another 1,000 people registered, he would post another classic Ian Malcolm moment. The original trio are currently shooting "Jurassic World: Dominion" alongside Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard.
In an exclusive interview with Insider, Goldblum said that the first scene he shot for the movie was with Neil and Dern where they were in a "life and death situation" with brand new prehistoric creatures audiences have never seen before in a "Jurassic Park" movie.
"The three of us were in a tiny little space and we were being menaced by — I can't even tell you — a surprising faction of prehistoric creatures that you've never seen before," Goldblum said.
"We think it might be the last moments of our lives and we're all bonding with each other in an emotional and somewhat hilarious way."
The trio are shooting the movie in the UK up until the end of October, with the film's current scheduled release date being June 11, 2021.
Source: Read Full Article