Lil Tjays Lawyer Sets Record Straight After Rapper Turns Himself to Police

The ‘Gangsta Boo’ rapper, born Tione Jayden Merritt, turns himself in to police around four months after he got arrested for gun possession in New York during a traffic stop.

AceShowbizLil Tjay has reportedly been arrested for a previous gun charge. However, his lawyer has shut down the report and declared that the “Run It Up” rapper turned himself in to police for a different case.

“This arrest is not a new gun charge,” Dawn Florio wrote in an Instagram DM to @nydrillofficial. “He had to turn himself in for the case where he was a victim where he was shot multiple times. The allegation is that there were guns in the car.”

The statement arrived after the outlet reported that Tjay had been arrested for an outstanding warrant. Also, a mugshot of the “Gangsta Boo” rhymer taken in Bergen County, New Jersey made its way online.

Tjay was shot seven times during an attempted robbery in Edgewater last year. The incident took place in the early hours of June 22. He was flown to Hackensack University Medical Center and underwent emergency surgery, while a second victim, Antoine Boyd, who is friends with the rapper, was also shot once and was in stable condition. Meanwhile, the shooter was also hit by gunfire, but managed to escape with help from an unidentified co-conspirator.

In January of this year, however, Tjay was arrested for gun possession in New York. He was pulled over by cops on East 183rd Street in the Fordham Heights section while he was inside a car with four other people during the traffic stop.

Upon searching the vehicle, law enforcement officials found two loaded guns. It was unclear why police pulled him over and searched the vehicle in the first place. Tjay and one of his friends were subsequently taken into custody and are facing charges for an alleged weapons violation.

It was unveiled that Tjay was headed for the shooting of Ice Spice’s music video when he was pulled over. The rhymer, born Tione Jayden Merritt, was then arraigned in Bronx Criminal Court but was finally let go from jail after paying his bail.

You can share this post!

Source: Read Full Article