Made In Chelsea’s Ruby Adler rushed to hospital after carbon monoxide leak in house

Made In Chelsea starRuby Adler has urged fans to install carbon monoxide alarms in their homes after being rushed to hospital when it was discovered that her house was filled with “high” levels of the gas.

Taking to Instagram to open up about the “scary” ordeal, the 26 year old explained how her carbon monoxide alarm began going off during the night and warned how the outcome could “have been very different” had she not responded as soon as she did.

In an Instagram Story, Ruby,who is dating model Nicholas Sinclair, told her 144,000 followers: “Last night was really scary… our carbon monoxide alarm went off and the fire brigade turned up.

“They used a reader to detect high carbon monoxide levels in our house. They said we had to get out immediately and sent us in an ambulance to A&E to have our blood taken to check how much we have inhaled.”

The TV star then went on to explain the dangers of carbon monoxide, given that you cannot see, smell or taste it.

She added: “Carbon monoxide is a gas that can kill quickly and is called the “silent killer” because it is colourless, odorless, tasteless and non-irritating.

“If the early signs of CO poisoning are ignored, a person may lose consciousness and in many cases you could just not wake up…”

Fortunately, after Ruby and her boyfriend underwent some blood tests, they were given the all clear to return back to their property, though she emphasised the importance of having a carbon monoxide alarm fitted.

“Luckily after blood tests and being seen by doctors we were given the all clear to go home (after making sure our house was thoroughly ventilated) I can’t stress enough to anyone reading this, how important it is to get a carbon monoxide alarm in your house,” she wrote.

“We were told if we had left it much longer and we were exposed to a lot more carbon monoxide then the outcome would have been very different…”

After bravely sharing her story with her followers, Ruby responded to some questions regarding the signs of carbon monoxide and encouraged them to keep safe by getting an alarm.

“A few people asking what the signs could be if you don’t have an alarm… there are none which is why its so dangerous and scary,” she wrote.

“CO is found in fumes produced any time you burn fuel in cars or trucks, small engines, stoves, lanterns, grills, fireplaces, gas ranges or furnaces. CO can build up indoors and poison people and animals who breathe it. We found ours was coming from a faulty hob (which we would never have known was faulty.”

“Please get a carbon monoxide alarm. Ours saved our lives.”

Ruby’s terrifying experience comes just months after fellow Made In Chelsea starJamie Laing issued a similar warning.

After he awoke to find his Chelsea home filled with deadly carbon monoxide gasthe TV personality encouraged his followers to check that their own carbon monoxide alarms were working and to get one fitted if they hadn’t already done so.

“If you haven't checked your carbon monoxide alarm, if you haven't checked it, tested it, if you haven't got one – check it,” he said.

“Test it this weekend because it's a silent killer, so there you go – check it, everyone is ok and yeah.”


  • Click here for today's top showbiz news

  • Inside Molly-Mae's £5k hospital suitcase with £115 diffuser and replica Ellie Belly

  • 'Love Island producers help decide who to dump with pros and cons,' says Danica Taylor

  • 'My hospital bag has 50 items – including glow in the dark dummies,' says Shaughna Phillips

  • Get exclusive celebrity stories and shoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter

Source: Read Full Article