Queen advised to rest for a further two weeks and to cancel upcoming visits

Queen Elizabeth has been told to rest for another two weeks, meaning she is to cancel any upcoming visits she had planned.

Buckingham Palace announced the news on Friday 29 October, in a statement that read: “Following on from their recent advice that the Queen should rest for a few days, Her Majesty’s doctors have advised that she should continue to rest for at least the next two weeks."

The Queen's in-person visits will be cancelled as a result, but she may still be able to carry out some virtual audiences.

The statement continued: "The doctors have advised that Her Majesty can continue to undertake light, desk-based duties during this time, including some virtual audiences, but not to undertake any official visits. Her Majesty regrets that this means she will be unable to attend the Festival of Remembrance on Saturday November 13."

The news comes after Her Majesty's shock hospital admission on Wednesday October 20 where she stayed overnight for "some preliminary investigations".

In light of her hospital stay, the 95 year old was told to rest by medical professionals — something which she "reluctantly accepted".

Announcing the news of the Queen's hospital stay earlier this month, a spokesperson for Buckingham Palace said in a statement: "Following medical advice to rest for a few days, The Queen attended hospital on Wednesday afternoon for some preliminary investigations, returning to Windsor Castle at lunchtime today, and remains in good spirits."

Prince Harry, who currently resides in the US with his wife Meghan Markle and their two children, Archie, two, and Lilibet, four months old, was said to have gone into "panic mode" at the news of his grandmother's hospitalisation.

“He felt helpless being 5,000 miles away in Montecito and has been checking-in non-stop with her,” an insider told US Weekly.

The source went on to say that Prince Harry feels "guilty" for not saying a proper goodbye to the late Duke of Edinburgh, and "would never forgive himself" if the same were to happen with the Queen.

The news of the monarch having to rest for a further two weeks comes after she pulled out of recent trip to Northern Ireland, and cancelled her plans to attend the COP26 summit in Glasgow.

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter . You can sign up at the top of the page.

Over the duration of her reign, the Queen has rarely pulled out of any of her royal appearances. In 2018, she had to pull out of some events after having a cataract removed in a minor operation. She also had an operation on her left knee in 2003.

Prior to today's announcement, those in charge of Her Majesty's schedule were told to be "cautious", and to keep the 95 year old's upcoming plans over Christmas and the New Year as light.

For all your Royal updates, sign up to our daily newsletter here

Source: Read Full Article