I thought it would be a good idea to dye my hair…it was a total fail and I was rushed to A&E – my warning to others | The Sun

A WOMAN has revealed that she thought it would be a good idea to dye her hair herself, but unfortunately, things didn’t go to plan.

25-year-old Laura, explained that she used a box dye to get her brown hair black, but didn’t realise that she was in fact allergic.

The beauty fan explained that she did a patch test prior to dying her hair, and it was ‘completely fine’.

However, two days after colouring her locks, Laura’s face began to swell.

Before long, Laura could barely see or breathe, and was rushed to hospital, where she then spent 10 days on steroids to control the reaction. 

Opening up about her beauty blunder on social media, Laura said: “At 18 I dyed my hair black and it nearly killed me.” 

Read more beauty stories


I got tear trough filler but it went so wrong – it's my biggest regret


I had 8ml of lip filler and finally got it dissolved – but it looked necrotic

At the start of the clip, Laura shared a picture of her, with freshly dyed, black hair.

However, while Laura thought her hair looked great, she wasn’t prepared for what would happen next.

Shortly after, Laura shared a picture of her face, with her forehead incredibly swollen, as she added: “After 48 hours, I was completely swollen.” 

Laura explained that once she noticed the swelling, she “went to the walk in centre and got sent home.”

Most read in Fabulous


Not all affairs are bad – mine went on for ten years and ended in marriage


Common laundry mistake that causes condensation to build up & can lead to mould


I’m a gypsy wife & here’s how I make the ultimate Sunday dinner – it’s banging


I stopped condensation forming on my windows with a lifesaver £10 buy

She then posted another image of her, two days after, as the swelling continued to get worse, as she claimed: “After four days I couldn’t open my eyes anymore.”

Laura then posted a picture of her arm, whilst lying down in a hospital bed.

She confirmed: “Then I couldn’t breathe and got rushed to the hospital.”

Reflecting on the hair nightmare, the beauty fan explained: “Never dying my hair again in my life.”

Laura later confirmed: “I did a patch test and was completely fine.

“Unfortunately my allergies flared up a few days after.

“I couldn’t breathe. Was in hospital for 10 days with steroids. 

“The swelling came down eventually but still had lots of spots filled with pus on my scalp for at least four weeks.”

But it turns out that this wasn’t the first time Laura had dyed her hair, as she added: “I dyed my hair three times and each time the reaction was slightly worse but the last time I did it was my lesson learnt.” 

The TikTok clip, which was posted under the username @lauraa_aura, has clearly left many stunned, as at the time of writing, it had quickly amassed a whopping 514,600 views in just four days.

Social media users were left open-mouthed at Laura’s hair horror, and many thought her swollen face made her look like an alien. 

One person said: “It’s giving Megamind.”

Another added: “Space raider.” 

Read More on The Sun


Sky TV customers must claim three perks before its too late


Surgeon shares client's 'Barbie' nose – but trolls say it's giving Grinch vibes

A third commented: “Surely this is edited?” to which Laura replied “Haha I wish.” 

Fabulous will pay for your exclusive stories. Just email: [email protected] and pop EXCLUSIVE in the subject line.

Source: Read Full Article