Meghan and Harry latest – Duchess admits she DID pass info to Finding Freedom authors but not ‘to enhance image’

MEGHAN Markle admits passing information to the authors of Finding Freedom using a go-between but claims it wasn't to "enhance her image".

The Duchess of Sussex is suing Associated Newspapers, the publisher of the Mail on Sunday, for releasing a letter she wrote to her estranged dad, Thomas Markle.

The newspaper argues the 39-year-old "co-operated" with the authors of Finding Freedom.

She was accused of feeding personal information to the writers to “set out her own version of events in a way that is favourable to her” – therefore breaching her own privacy.

Her amended court documents released today show she spoke with someone who had been approached by authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand to set the record straight regarding her dad.

The papers state Meghan was "concerned her father's narrative" over her abandoning him, which she says was false, would be repeated in the book.

Follow all the latest news on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry below…

  • Becky Pemberton

    'HUMBLE' HARRY SPOTTED VOLUNTEERING FOR NON-PROFIT PROVIDING COVID-19 SUPPORT

    Harry has been spotted volunteering for a non-profit organisation which provides COVID-19 support for army veterans and their families.

    The Duke of Sussex, 36, was low-key in a pair of jeans, trainers and a face mask as he packaged up fresh food parcels for the Walker Family Events Foundation in Compton last week.

    After the visit, the non-profit publicly thanked the royal on their Instagram page.

    Alongside the image of the Prince, Walker Family Events co-founder Tia wrote: “Today I had the honor of meeting and working alongside Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex.

    “He joined us in volunteering at Compton VFW for the Operation Nourish program packing and distributing food to our compton neighbors.”

    What's more, the fan described Harry – who stepped down as a senior member of the Royal Family in March – as “very humble and kind”.

  • Becky Pemberton

    MEGHAN'S JUDGE DISMISSES 'STRESSED' DAD THOMAS' FEARS HE WILL DIE BEFORE HER PRIVACY TRIAL AS HE AGREES DELAY

    The judge for Meghan Markle's case today dismissed her “stressed” dad Thomas' fears he will die before the trial comes to court.

    It comes after she won a bid to delay the privacy court battle for almost a year over a "confidential" matter.

    The Duchess of Sussex is suing Associated Newspapers, the publisher of the Mail on Sunday, for releasing a letter she wrote to her estranged father Thomas Markle.

    Today Mr Justice Warby delivered his reasons for agreeing to delay proceedings in a largely redacted document, despite her dad warning "I could die tomorrow".

    The judgment, released this morning, cited 76-year-old Thomas' poor health, describing him as “elderly and not in the best of health”.

    But despite noting Meghan's dad is “finding the process stressful”, the judge said: “Mr Markle's subjective thoughts and feeling do seem to be, on any objective view, a relatively minor aspect of the case overall”.

  • Becky Pemberton

    MEGHAN ADMITS PASSING INFO TO FINDING FREEDOM AUTHORS BUT SAYS IT WAS NOT TO 'ENHANCE IMAGE'

    Meghan admits passing information to the authors of Finding Freedom using a go-between but claims it wasn't to “enhance her image”.

    The Duchess of Sussex is suing Associated Newspapers, the publisher of the Mail on Sunday, for releasing a letter she wrote to her estranged dad, Thomas Markle.

    The newspaper argues the 39-year-old “co-operated” with the authors of Finding Freedom.

    She was accused of feeding personal information to the writers to “set out her own version of events in a way that is favourable to her” – therefore breaching her own privacy.

    Her amended court documents released today show she spoke with someone who had been approached by authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand to set the record straight regarding her dad.

    The papers state Meghan was “concerned her father's narrative” over her abandoning him, which she says was false, would be repeated in the book.

  • Becky Pemberton

    'DISTRESSED' MEGHAN SPOKE TO TWO SENIOR ROYALS ON HOW TO DEAL WITH DAD THOMAS

    Meghan has admitted she had help from two senior royals on how to deal with her dad Thomas Markle.

    The Duchess of Sussex is suing Associated Newspapers, the publisher of the Mail on Sunday, for releasing a letter she wrote to her estranged father.

    In the Duchess' amended court documents released today, she states how she had help from senior royals on how to deal with her dad.

    This led her to write the letter to her dad “in an attempt to get him to stop talking to the press”.

    The papers say: “Given the Claimant’s level of distress surrounding the form, frequency and content of the media coverage concerning her father, and as the newest member of the Royal Family who wanted to follow protocol, the Claimant sought advice from two senior members of the Royal Family on how best to address the situation.”

    It does not reveal who the senior royals were.

  • Shayma Bakht

    INDIA HICKS SAYS DIANA WORE 'POWERFUL' FRAGRANCE ON WEDDING, DESPITE BEING 'SHY'

    India Hicks, the second cousin of Prince Philip, was 12 years old when she became a bridesmaid on Princess Diana's and her godfather Prince Charles' wedding.

    Speaking to the Daily Star, she recalls Lady Diana's “powerful” choice of perfume.

    “I remember vividly bits here and there but there are bits that stand out.

    “Oddly, the fragrance that Diana wore was for most people, very powerful. It was called Tea Rose.”

    “I've always felt later how strange it was for someone who was so incredibly shy and at that stage quite uncomfortable in front of the cameras that she wore a fragrance that was very, very strong and powerful.”

  • Shayma Bakht

    BBC ANNOUNCE THAT INVESTIGATION INTO DIANA PANORAMA SCANDAL STARTS TODAY

    The BBC announced today (Wednesday) the immediate start of an investigation into how it obtained an explosive 1995 interview with Princess Diana that lifted the lid on her troubled marriage to Prince Charles.

    The corporation said it had approved the appointment of former Supreme Court judge John Dyson to lead the probe, which comes after calls from the late princess' brother, Charles Spencer.

    Spencer has alleged that the flagship “Panorama” programme reporter who conducted the interview, Martin Bashir, showed him faked documents to persuade his sister to take part.

  • Shayma Bakht

    QUEEN AND PRINCE PHILIP'S RELATIONSHIP DESCRIBED AS A 'GREAT ROYAL ROMANCE'

    Ahead of the Queen and Philip's upcoming anniversary, royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams told Express.co.uk that their relationship is “one of the great royal romances.”

    He said: “On Friday they celebrate their 73rd wedding anniversary.”

    “They can look back on a year of turmoil as the world has been hit by the COVID-19 pandemic but also one in which they have been able to spend a good deal of time together which has been a great bonus.

    “He was able to join her at Windsor where they self-isolated for several months. They then travelled to Balmoral.

    “The Duke is now with the Queen at Windsor again and they will be together on Friday which is highly fortunate.”

  • Shayma Bakht

    WOUNDED EXPERT SAYS PRINCE HARRY HAS 'CHANGED'

    Royal biographer Angela Levin sounded particularly wounded on ITV's Good Morning Britain as she said Prince Harry had “changed” and made a mistake leaving the UK.

    “I think Harry made a terrible error.

    “I think the way that he has left the Royal Family, the way he did it, and he’s changed.

    “He’s almost unrecognisable from Prince Harry I spent a lot of time with.”

  • Shayma Bakht

    MORE PICS: PRINCE HARRY'S SURPRISE APPEARANCE ON STRICTLY TO SUPPORT JJ CHARMERS

  • Shayma Bakht

    ROYAL BIOGRAPHER SAYS NETFLIX EXPECTS “PINT OF BLOOD” FROM DUKE AND DUCHESS

    Royal biographer Angela Levin warns that Netflix will expect a “pint of blood” from the Meghan and Harry on ITV's Good Morning Britain.

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex signed a Netflix deal, which is estimated to earn them $250million (£190million).

    “I think they’re being naive as they have been about lots of things in that they don’t realise that a big company like Netflix is going to want its pint of blood.

    “They’re going to delve in and get a lot of information that will absolutely decry the Royal Family.

    “I think the Royal Family does a lot of for us. Of course they’ve got a lot of faults, haven’t we all.”

  • Dan Keane

    MEGHAN & HARRY 'SHOW ARCHIE TO THE QUEEN ON ZOOM CALLS'

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry “show Archie to the Queen on Zoom calls”, but “don’t have contact with Kate Middleton and Prince William”, it has been claimed.

    Royal biographer Sean Smith, who released Meghan Misunderstood last week, said Meghan and sister-in-law Kate “weren’t sisters” and didn’t have a close bond. 

    Sean said he would be “surprised” if Meghan still has contact with William and Kate, now they are in separate time zones. 

    He told Fabulous: “I presume they [the royal family] have Zoom calls and she [Meghan] participates in them.

    “Particularly with the Queen I understand, showing how much Archie has grown this week.

    “But whether they have any contact with William and Kate, I don’t know. I’d be surprised.”

    Read our full report on that here.

  • Dan Keane

    MEG & HARRY 'WILL NEVER LOSE ROYAL TITLES', BIOGRAPHER CLAIMS

    Celeb biographer Sean Smith says that Meghan and Harry will never lose their Royal titles.

    It follows increasing calls this year for the couple to be stripped of their titles.

    Sean Smith told the Express: “Harry will remain the Duke of Sussex, I don’t think there is any doubt of that.

    “Because when Prince Charles becomes King he will be the son of the King.

    Asked if he thought the couple would retain their Sussex titles, he said: “Yes I do. But I don’t think it matters if they don’t.”

  • Dan Keane

    MEGHAN AND HARRY 'GROWING FURTHER APART FROM THE QUEEN'

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are growing further apart from the Queen and the Royal Family, a royal expert has claimed.

    Asked about the couple's decision to publicise a visit to LA National cemetery on Remembrance Sunday, Katie Nicholl told OK Magazine: “It highlights the great divide between Harry and the royal family.

    “There is such a gaping cavern now and exercises like this only serve to widen that gap rather than heal the rift.

    “Harry and Meghan do things very differently to the royal family and to me it shows how determined they are to do things their own way whatever the cost.”

  • Shayma Bakht

    ROYAL AUTHOR SAYS PRINCE WILLIAM WILL BE 'ANGRY' AT CROWN SERIES, WHILE HARRY IS JUST 'AWKWARD'

    Royal Author Penny Junor told MailOnline says Harry will feel “awkward” about Crown series, whereas Prince William will be “angry”.

    Ms Junor said: “I think Harry will find himself in a very awkward situation right now. It is yet another example, perhaps, of how difficult it is to mix being royal with the commercial world. There are bear traps everywhere.”

    “I would guess that William is very angry about this latest series of The Crown. And be deeply upset on behalf of his family. As will Harry.

    “It is a grotesque and deeply unfair portrayal of their father, mother and step-mother, and of the wider family, including, of course, their grandparents whom they love dearly.”

  • Shayma Bakht

    THOMAS MARKLE NOT REQUIRED TO GIVE EVIDENCE IN PERSON OVER LETTER CASE

    Thomas Markle does not appear to be an important witness in the London court battle pitting his daughter Meghan, the British royal, against a tabloid newspaper, so he need not give evidence in person, the judge overseeing the case said on Wednesday.

    A High Court judge was reported to have said his “thoughts and feelings” over the letter sent to him by his daughter, the Duchess of Sussex, are a “relatively minor” part of her privacy claim against a British newspaper.

  • Shayma Bakht

    PRINCE HARRY CALLED 'HUMBLE AND KIND' FOR VETERAN VOLUNTEERING

    The Duke of Sussex has been volunteering by helping to pack and distribute food parcels to military veterans and their families.

    Harry joined the Walker Family Events Foundation, a non-profit organisation providing Covid-19 response for servicemen and women and at-risk communities, last week to offer his support.

    The duke, who served in the forces for a decade, was pictured in a black face mask and casually dressed in a baseball cap, polo shirt and jeans as he helped to sort bags of provisions in Compton, Los Angeles.

    A post on the Foundation's Instagram account praised Harry for being “very humble and kind”.

  • Shayma Bakht

    JUDGE SAYS MEGHAN'S DAD'S 'THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS' ARE ONLY A SMALL PART OF HER PRIVACY CLAIM

    Thomas Markle's “thoughts and feelings” over the letter sent to him by his daughter, the Duchess of Sussex, are a “relatively minor” part of her privacy claim against a British newspaper, a High Court judge has said.

    Meghan, 39, is suing Associated Newspapers Ltd (ANL), publisher of the Mail on Sunday and MailOnline, over an article which reproduced parts of a handwritten letter sent to 76-year-old Mr Markle in August 2018.

  • Shayma Bakht

    ROYAL BIOGRAPHER PRAISES MEGHAN FOR SPEAKING UP AGAINST RACISM DESPITE BEING A 'PRISONER'

    Royal biographer Sean Smith explains Meghan hesitated speaking out about George Floyd, but eventually posted an anti-racism video despite being a “prisoner”.

    “She hesitated. The old Meghan would have plunged in, speaking up defiantly about what was right.”

    She regularly spoke out about humanitarian issues prior to joining the Firm officially in 2018.

    But she experienced “relentless and ongoing negativity” because of the “way the Royal Family ground down any hint that one of the Firm might put their head above the parapet had inevitably had its effect”.

    He continued: “She was like a prisoner who had escaped down a dark tunnel and, surfacing, needed time to adjust to the light outside.”

  • Shayma Bakht

    QUEEN CONGRATULATES LEWIS HAMILTON, BUT SOME TWITTER USERS AREN'T HAPPY

    The Queen unexpectedly congratulated world champion Lewis Hamilton for winning the Turkish Grand Prix.

    She tweeted on Sunday from the Royal Family’s Twitter account, but some Twitter users are criticising the move.

    The Monarch wrote: “Congratulations to record-equalling seven-time F1 World Championship title winner @LewisHamilton – along with a record number of race wins, what an incredible achievement!”

    In response, Lewis Hamilton said: “What an incredible honour. Thank you so much.”

    Some Twitter users exclaimed the racer should have “never be knighted” as he “fled” to Monaco “because of UK tax laws”.

  • Shayma Bakht

    QUEEN TO NEVER WEAR ST EDWARD'S CROWN AGAIN

    The Queen will never wear the St Edward's Crown she wore on her coronation again because of strict family rules, which say Prince Charles will wear it next.

    Royal Family protocol demands the crown is only used to crown a new sovereign, meaning Prince Charles is most likely next to wear it.

    The use of the crown of St Edward's was reinstated by the Queen's grandfather, George V, upon his coronation in 1910.

  • Shayma Bakht

    ROYAL COMMENTATOR SLAMS THE CROWN AS 'SPITEFUL' AND PUSHING 'THE LIMIT'

    Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams says the television series The Crown pushes “the limit”.

    He said: “One extraordinary aspect of watching the series is the way members of the royal family are supposedly so spiteful and ill-mannered.

    “The way they talk – it's simply dramatic licence pushed to the limit.”

    And while he doesn't believe the Queen's public image will suffer as a result of the show, Mr Fitzwilliams says the “seismically distorted” characters could prove painful for the Royals.

    “When the series' events move closer to today's dates, it does – or should – mean you take more care,” he said.

  • Shayma Bakht

    ROYAL COMMENTATOR CLAIMS MEGHAN AND HARRY'S NETFLIX DEAL IS UNAFFECTED BY 'THE CROWN'

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex won't be backing out of their £112million deal with the streaming giant, despite anger and upset over the series, Richard Fitzwilliams told Sun Online.

    “I believe you certainly won't find their deal is in any way affected by this,” he added.

    “I strongly suspect they will not have a problem with the royal family being portrayed as dysfunctional and flawed.”

    The backhanded comment about the couple points to rumours that the Royal Family mistreated Meghan while a working member of the family.

  • Shayma Bakht

    AUTHOR SAYS PRINCE HARRY 'STANDS' FOR LOVE, BUT ROYAL FAMILY WILL REMAIN SPLIT

    Royal author Robert Lacey says that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle chose “love” over “duty”, but despite this the royal family will remain stubbornly “split”.

    Mr Lacey claimed: “The family will remain split.

    “I don’t see Harry and Meghan ever being working members of the Royal Family in the future.

    “I make frequent comparisons between the current situation and Edward VIII’s abdication crisis, both are essentially conflicts between love and duty.

    “Harry stands for love and Harry has gone into exile.”

  • Shayma Bakht

    WAS MEGHAN HELPED BY ROYAL AIDES TO WRITE INFAMOUS LETTER?

    Court documents suggest the Duchess of Sussex was helped to write the letter, over which she is suing the publisher of the MailOnline and Mail on Sunday.

    The publisher reproduced parts of a handwritten letter she sent to her estranged father Thomas Markle in August 2018, but evidence suggest palace aides helped her write it.

    Documents lodged with the High Court by the publisher claim Jason Knauf “and/or” the Kensington Palace communications team “contributed” to a draft of the document.

    At the time, Mr Knauf was her communications secretary and, after holding the same post with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, is now chief executive of William and Kate's Royal Foundation.

    The duchess says publication of parts of the letter to her 76-year-old father was a misuse of her private information and breached the Data Protection Act, as well as a breach of her copyright.

  • Martha Cliff

    CHARLES WOULD BE 'INCREDIBLY UPSET' BY THE CROWN

    Royal biographer Penny Junor, who has known the family for 40 years, gave a scathing assessment of the fourth series of the Netflix drama – released on Sunday – that shows Princess Diana's bulimia and Prince Charles' affair.

    Junor says she believes Charles would be “incredibly upset” by the series.

    She said the programme is riddled with inaccurate depictions of events and personalities.

    “It’s the most cruel and unfair and horrible portrayal of almost all of them,” she told The Times.

Source: Read Full Article