SUNNIER days are finally upon us which means it’s time to tell you all about the best dresses for summer.
There’s nothing quite like a good summery frock to blow the winter cobwebs away, and this season's best dresses for summer are all about colours, from pastel hues to vibrant prints.
A post shared by London Fashion Week (@londonfashionweek)
While festivals and faraway destinations might feel like a long way off right now, there’s nothing better than a summer dress to lift your spirits while the lockdown eases — especially now that pubs and other businesses are beginning to open again.
This season's summer dresses have something to suit all tastes and body shapes, whether you prefer boho maxis, utility day dresses or more trend-led pieces.
With that in mind, we’ve hunted down the very best summer dresses for 2021 that are all bang on trend and guaranteed to add some fun to your wardrobe.
Time to meet your new summer heroes…
1. Best printed bohemian summer dresses: Mango
- Chufy x Mango Printed Maxi Dress, £119.99 – buy here
- Floral Print Dress, £49.99 – buy here
- Printed Ruched Dress, £35.99 – buy here
Mango has a gorgeous range of prints and silhouettes this season, but we've honed straight in on one style in particular: the bohemian printed maxi.
Perfect for throwing on and looking instantly put-together, each of these stunning maxis are head-turners that will inject some vibrancy into your summer wardrobe.
Whether you want to fully embrace this season's puffed sleeve or prefer a looser, more minimal cut, there's something for everyone.
2. Best summer dresses for a chic picnic: Oliver Bonas
- Gingham Blue Sleeveless Maxi Dress, £75 – buy here
- Metallic Dobby Spot & Frilled White Mini Dress, £65 – buy here
- Denim Chambray Blue Tiered Mini Dress, £65 – buy here
Independent British lifestyle store, Oliver Bonas, is a fave on the high street, and while we love their quirky homeware — there's also so much to fall in love with, sartorially!
The brand's offering of summer dresses this season certainly doesn't disappoint, with an array of beautiful shapes, silhouettes and printed patterns.
We can imagine all of these Instagram-worthy numbers working wonders for a picnic date in the sunshine.
3. Best pastel-toned summer dresses: & Other Stories
- Puff Sleeve Maxi Wrap Dress, £95 – buy here
- Plant-Dyed Bandeau Midi Dress, £95 – buy here
- Pleated Wide Sleeve Midi Dress, £75 – buy here
When it comes to summer frocks, & Other Stories are making things look effortless with their selection of dresses.
And getting your wardrobe sunshine-ready really doesn't get any more adorable than these pretty styles, which do playful and flirty in the sweetest way.
Pastel hues are so on-trend this season which is all the more reason to treat yourself to one of these fabulous finds.
4. Best for black summer dresses: Arket
- Shirred Sundress, £59 – buy here
- Linen Wrap Dress, £59 from Arket – buy here
- Linen Kaftan Dress, £59 – buy here
Ok, so black may not scream 'ultimate summer shade'—we'll give you that.
However, the idea that it absorbs more heat and thus makes you hotter has often been contested: researchers have actually found that although black takes in more heat than say, white, it disappears before reaching the skin. Goths rejoice.
Anyway, back to the point: if you're a darkly monochromatic dresser at heart, Arket has got you sorted this season with an assortment of inky dresses in summer-proof fabrics.
From the lightest of cotton slips to the chicest of linen sundresses, it's time to cross over to the dark side in spectacularly minimalist fashion.
5. Best summer dresses for treating yourself: Farfetch
- Reformation Lillet Floral-Print Minidress, £235 – buy here
- Tommy Hilfiger Floral-Print Mini Dress, £118 – buy here
- Ganni Swirl-Print Pleated Minidress, £165 – buy here
Summer is a better time than ever to treat yourself to a stunning summer dress – if you choose right, you'll want to dig it out every year when the temperature begins to warm up.
Farfetch have a glorious range of floral numbers for less than £200, with Reformation and Ganni both flying the flag for sustainable fashion.
These dresses make us so ready for a self-care Sunday of brunches and beaches.
Enjoyed our guide for the best dresses for summer? Why not check out the best way to wear polka dots?
We've also rounded up the best loungewear of 2020.
And check out more from Sun Selects fashion here.
Source: Read Full Article