Child suffers horror burns after shopping trolley falls from unofficial bonfire

A child suffered horror burns when a flaming shopping trolley fell from an 'unofficial' bonfire this evening.

The youngster has been airlifted to hospital after the falling 'debris' landed on them in Hale Drive, Speke, Liverpool, shortly after 8pm tonight.

A Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service spokesman told Liverpool Echo that firefighters applied burns shields to the youngster after being called to the makeshift blaze.

They reported that they arrived within minutes of being called at 8.06pm and found an 'unofficial' bonfire celebration.

The spokesman confirmed the debris that fell on the child was a shopping trolley.

The spokesman said:  "Crews applied a burns shield and the child was conscious and breathing.

"The child was taken to hospital with burns."

The age and gender of the child has not yet been revealed.

The spokesman urged people to be careful while celebrating Bonfire Night.

He said: "Crews have tonight attended a bonfire where a child was burned by debris falling from a bonfire – crews applied burns shields and the child was taken to hospital by NWAS [North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust].

"Please – if your children are attending a bonfire, keep them WELL clear of it. Stay safe."

Source: Read Full Article