I'm petrified for my daughter after my ex's abusive new lover hit her | The Sun

DEAR DEIDRE: AFTER she failed to protect our nine-year-old daughter from her abusive boyfriend, I don’t want my ex to have any contact with her.

I’m 36 and finally won custody last year.

My ex partner was incapable of looking after our daughter when she got with a dodgy boyfriend three years ago.

I was never keen on the guy because he was a heavy drinker and would row with my ex, even when our daughter was home.

There would be times I would turn up and see bruises on my ex, but she never took my advice to leave him and endured years of abuse.

Sadly it got so bad that her partner started to lose his temper with our daughter and even hit her about.

Get in touch with the Dear Deidre team

Every problem gets a personal reply from one of our trained counsellors.

Fill out and submit our easy-to-use and confidential form and the Dear Deidre team will get back to you.

You can also send a private message on the DearDeidreOfficial Facebook page.

I am heartbroken that this happened without my knowledge.

I should have been there to protect her.

I am deeply disappointed with my ex and have lost all respect for her.

That’s why I ignored her requests to visit our daughter. But now she has applied through the courts for access.

I’ve been told she will only be given supervised access at most but I am beside myself with despair.

I’m so scared to let my daughter go in case anything happens to her again.

Our daughter is still traumatised from the events.

She’s been wetting the bed and playing up at school.

I’m worried seeing her mother will only rake things up again.

I feel like I’m the only one with our daughter’s best interests at heart but no one is listening to me.


Deciding what to do with my wife’s ashes is tearing me apart

Warren accuses girlfriend of cheating when he sees her with another man

DEIDRE SAYS: I sympathise with you and, understandably, you want to do everything to protect your daughter.

Please be assured the court will carefully consider your daughter’s age as well as her physical and emotional needs.

And you can request that visitation is supervised in a children’s contact centre.

I know this is hard for you, but it is important a safe space is created for mother and child to repair their bond.

Please contact Family Lives (familylives.org.uk) who can advise anyone concerned about a parenting issue.

Most read in Dear Deidre

Most women would say I'm the perfect husband but my wife wouldn't agree

Even though my mum died less than two years ago, my dad has a new woman

Whenever my wife is upset with me, she has a dig at my penis size

When my drinking was getting out of control, you helped me sort myself out

Source: Read Full Article