Woman reveals how she accidentally swallowed an Apple AIRPOD

Woman, 27, reveals she accidentally swallowed an Apple AIRPOD after mistaking it for ibuprofen – and then had to pass it in the toilet

  • Carli Bellmer, from Boston, shared a TikTok video of herself sobbing after she realized her mistake 
  • She was holding an AirPod and an ibuprofen in the same hand and swallowed one, admitting it was harder to get down than she thought
  • The 27-year-old later passed it through her digestive tract but said she didn’t retreive it after defecating; she confirmed it had passed with an MRI
  • Carli also shared some more AirPod hijinks, including the voice memo she recorded from inside her stomach 

A Boston woman has revealed how she accidentally swallowed one of her Apple AirPods after mistaking it for a painkiller.

Carli Bellmer, 27, shared a TikTok video of herself sobbing after she realized her mistake, moments after popping what she thougth was an ibuprophen in her mouth and washing it down with water.

She ultimately defecated the AirPod out, which was confirmed with an X-ray.

But she insists that she is not the only person who has made such a techincal error, saying: ‘I’m not the first to do this and I definitely won’t be the last, so for educational purposes, I wanted to share my journey.’

Whoops: A Boston woman has revealed how she accidentally swallowed one of her Apple AirPods after mistaking it for a painkiller


Carli Bellmer, 27, shared a video of herself sobbing moments after popping what she thougth was an ibuprophen in her mouth and washing it down with water 

For ¿educational¿ purposes heres what happened when I mixed up my #airpod and an ibuprofen. Here to share awareness #LevisMusicProject #fyp

In her original video, which TikTok has removed for an alleged violation of community guidelines, Carli — a podcaster and esthetician — is hysterically crying soon after the snafu. 

‘So like, I ate my f***king left AirPod,’ she says. ‘I tired puking it and it won’t come out, and I’m f***king losing my mind.’

In followup videos, she explains that she was crawling into bed when the switcheroo happened. 

‘I had an ibuprofen in one hand. I had an AirPod also in that hand. And I went to go take the ibuprofen, and I took it, and I was like, “Oh, that was a little hard to get down,” and then I saw the ibuprofen in my hand and the rest is kind of a blur because I was freaking out,’ she says.

Carli called her doctor but went to work as usual. However, she said she had to make her phoen ‘forget’ the AirPods, because it would keep automatically pair with the one in her stomach.

Once they were disconnected, she was surprised to get a notfication on her iPhone that an unidentified AirPod was detected moving with her.

Meanwhile, Carli simply had to wait for the AirPod to pass through her digestive tract, which it eventually did. She got an X-ray to ‘make sure.’

‘I had a feeling that I passed it. I did not retrieve it, but I know that it’s passed. I know that it was in my stomach and no longer is,’ she says.

She also revealed that she accidentally sent a voice memo to a friend — from inside her stomach. 

It’s out! Meanwhile, Carli simply had to wait for the AirPod to pass through her digestive tract, which it eventually did. She got an X-ray to ‘make sure’

She also revealed that she accidentally sent a voice memo to a friend – from inside her stomach

Before she made her iPhone ‘forget’ the device, she tried recording a voice memo on her friend in the message.

But she didn’t realize that the AirPod in her digestive tract was connected, and instead sound was transmitted from inside of her. 

She can be heard speaking in the voice memo, but the sound is muffled.

Though Carli is being candid about her story, some critics are wondering how such a thing could happen.

‘How do you mix up ibuprofen and an AirPod?’ asked one.

‘My throat barely allows me to swallow a pill let alone an AirPod omg,’ said another.

At least one commenter came to her defense, pointing out that an 800mg ibuprofen pill — which equals two regular doses — are ‘huge so they sora resemble an AirPod if you’re distracted.’ 

Reply to @dope_propst #greenscreen

Though Carli is being candid about her story, some critics are wondering how such a thing could happen

Carli also showed what her AirPod case looked like with one AirPod and one ibuprohen in it. The ibuprophen is significantly smaller than the AirPod.

Others have cracked jokes about Carli’s mishap.

‘An Apple a day,’ quipped one, while another called it ‘iBupurofen.’

Some said Carlie unlocked a new fear for them, while others suggested that she should have played music with the AirPod inside her. 

Source: Read Full Article