10.30am transfer news LIVE: Man City ‘agree fee’ to sign Ruben Dias in Otamendi swap, Barcelona ‘give up’ on Martinez – The Sun

LUIS SUAREZ has joined Atletico Madrid following six glorious years at Barcelona.

The Uruguay legend was released by the Catalan side, leaving Lionel Messi fuming.

Sign up to play Dream Team 2020/21 now

  • It's completely free to play
  • Play the tradtional Season game as well as Draft
  • There's a £100k jackpot up for grabs across 2020/21
  • SIGN UP TO PLAY HERE

Follow all the latest transfer gossip and news below…

  • LU BEAUTY

    Luis Suarez stole the Spanish headlines after he scored twice on his Atletico Madrid debut.

    The striker – who signed from Barcelona – helped Atletico beat Granada 6-1.

    Marca's headline read: “Suarez and Joao unleash the Atletico.”

  • ALL OR NOTHING

    Man Utd are preparing a £90million bid for Jadon Sancho with £65m of it be paid upfront, according to reports.

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has so far failed in every attempt to land his No1 transfer target – and the window shuts next Monday.

    Borussia Dortmund have appeared unwilling to budge on their £108m valuation for the England winger.

    And the Daily Mail say United will try to persuade them to sell with a move totalling £90m once 'achievable add-ons' are accounted for.

    But Dortmund's head of football Sebastian Kehl is adamant Sancho will stay in Germany – no matter what is offered.

    He told Ruhr Nachrichten: “He [Jadon Sancho] is our player, and he will stay.

    “It was an important statement from the club because we have a certain responsibility. Without Jadon this team is weaker.”

  • RUBE AWAKENING

    Ruben Dias is expected to complete a £64million move to Manchester City today.

    Benfica have confirmed the Portuguese international defender, 23, will join the Etihad outfit in a deal worth an initial £62million.

    In a statement, the Portuguese club also confirmed Nicolas Otamendi is moving in the opposite direction for a separate fee of around £13.7 million.

    The arrival of Dias will end Pep Guardiola’s long search for a right-sided centre half and his arrival comes as a huge boost in the wake of Sunday’s 5-2 hammering at home to Leicester.

    He has also looked at Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly, Jules Kounde of Seville and Atletico Madrid’s Jose Giminez.

    However they have settled on Dias – a player they have monitored for well over a year – and his arrival cannot come soon enough.

  • TOTT TARGETS

    Tottenhamare eyeing late transfers for Bourmouth's Josh King and Swiss star Haris Seferovic, according to reports.

    Jose Mourinho desperately wants to add another striker to his squad before the window closes.

    As revealed by SunSport, he is becoming increasingly frustrated with Tottenham for failing to land him a back-up forward for Harry Kane.

    Ollie Watkins was a target before joining Aston Villa and Mourinho fears the worst.

    A pal said: “Tottenham is the only club in the world with one striker.

    “It is the same as last season. Do fans really think Jose wants four left-backs, six wingers and one striker? It is incredible.”

  • LAZ BE HAVING TWO

    Juan Mata and Andreas Pereira could be the targets of a Lazio double swoop ahead of transfer deadline day.

    The Italian giants are looking to strengthen their attacking options after their move for David Silva fell through last month.

    The Red Devils are thought to have opened talks with Lazio officials over a deal that would see Pereira, 24, make a move to Serie A this term.

    It is thought the out-of-favour midfielder could be joined by Juan Mata.

    The Spain international, 32, has heavily linked with a move in recent months having fallen down Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s pecking order following the arrival of Bruno Fernandes.

    And Pereira is facing a battle to hold down a starting place in United’s midfield following the club’s £39million acquisition of Ajax ace Donny van de Beek.

    Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano claims discussions have already commenced between United and Lazio, with the Serie A side thought to be considering the Brazilian as an option for their midfield ranks.

  • LAUTAR-NO

    Barcelona have given up on their pursuit of transfer target Lautaro Martinez, according to reports.

    The LaLiga giants were tracking the Inter Milan striker for much of the summer.

    But Calciomercato believe they have decided to stop their chase.

    That is despite selling striker Luis Suarez to Atletico Madrid last week.

    The transfer fell through because Barcelona's dire financial position meant stumping up the asking price was impossible

    Martinez, 23, did have a £101million release clause in his contract but that expired in July.

    It was understood Inter wanted at least £73m for their striker and refused any offer from Barcelona to include any players as part of a deal.

  • KEPA BLUES

    Chelsea's keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga is reportedly seeking a move back to Spain.

    A source, presumably close to the player, is quoted as saying: “His problem is not Chelsea, it’s England,” according to AS.

    AS also claim that there’ll be interest in Kepa, no specific clubs are named and his agents have a big job on to seal the move.

  • JOR THE ONE

    PSG want to sign Chelsea midfielder Jorginho on loan, according to reports.

    The Italian, 28, has been linked with a departure away from Stamford Bridge this summer.

    Now Telefoot report the French champions have 'established a connection' with Chelsea over a potential switch.

    PSG boss Thomas Tuchel is understood to be keen to bring in another midfielder before the transfer window closes next week.

    However, his side may still have competition from Arsenal, who have also been linked with the £57million former Napoli man.

    Gunners boss Mikel Arteta is reportedly a big fan of Jorginho, who could be seen as an alternative to fellow target Thomas Partey.

  • GOOD MORNING FOOTY FANS

    Arsenal are reportedly ready to step up their pursuit of Houssem Aouar by launching a £45million bid.

    Gunners boss Mikel Arteta has already had an initial £36m bid turned down by Lyon.

    According to Football.London, Arsenal's revised bid will be £36.5m up front and an extra £9m in add ons.

    In other news, SunSport revealed West Ham hope to get Antonio Rudiger from Chelsea in a loan deal.

    The Germany centre-half is worried about his role in Frank Lampard’s plans at Stamford Bridge.

    And he may need a move ahead of the Euro 2020 finals next year.

    Hammers are keen to take Rudiger for the season and will pay good money to take him.

    They have already failed in similar enquiries for Rob Holding at Arsenal and Manchester United’s Chris Smalling.

    Meanwhile, United have reportedly made a shock enquiry for Chelsea's N'Golo Kante.

    But Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side face competition from Inter Milan to land the 2018 World Cup winner.

    The Mirror reports United have made contact with the French midfielder's advisors ahead of a potential deal.

    Kante, 29, could be allowed to leave Stamford Bridge by Frank Lampard if the club receive an acceptable offer.

  • RUBE AWAKENING

    Ruben Dias is expected to complete a £64million move to Manchester City today.

    Benfica’s Portuguese international defender, 23, is due to fly to the North West as soon as the finishing touches are finalised.

    Nicolas Otamendi is poised to move in the opposite direction with a fee of around £13.7 million also agreed for him.

    The arrival of Dias will end Pep Guardiola’s long search for a right-sided centre half and his arrival comes as a huge boost in the wake of Sunday’s 5-2 hammering at home to Leicester.

  • SHARE ALIKE

    Premier League clubs have been ordered by the Government to stop splashing millions on new players and bail out their skint EFL counterparts instead.

    Culture secretary Oliver Dowden yesterday demanded England’s top division “step up to the plate” and “start looking after the football family as a whole.”

    Dowden wants a deal agreed this week for Prem sides to cough up the £250million EFL chief Rick Parry says his clubs stand to lose due to the coronavirus pandemic.

    Asked by the  BBC’s Andrew Marr if he was going to insist Prem clubs “help poorer clubs, rather than spend huge amounts of money hiring a new striker,” Dowden replied: “That’s exactly what we’re saying to them.”

  • GUNNAR GET YOU

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has told Jadon Sancho that he expects the transfer to be completed, according to reports.

    Dortmund value their star man at a whopping £108million.

    But United are said to be plotting a £90m move for the former Manchester City ace.

    Norwegian source Dagbladet claim Solskjaer has held talks with the player to tell him that he still expects to sign him.

  • AUBA TO YOU

    Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has urged Houssem Aouar to join the Gunners.

    When asked if he would like his club to sign Aouar, he told Canal+: “Of course I am in favour.

    “He would add quality. Let's see what happens.

    “I cannot hide that, even if he is with Lyon.”

  • LAZ BE HAVING TWO

    Juan Mata and Andreas Pereira could be the targets of a Lazio double swoop ahead of transfer deadline day. 

    The Italian giants are looking to strengthen their attacking options after their move for David Silva fell through last month.

    Pereira is facing a battle to hold down a starting place in United’s  midfield following the club’s £39million acquisition of Ajax ace Donny van de Beek. 

    Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano claims discussions have already commenced between United and Lazio, with the Serie A side thought to be considering the Brazilian as an option for their midfield ranks.  

    It is thought the out-of-favour midfielder could be joined by Juan Mata. 

  • HOUS THAT?

    Houssem Aouar has confirmed that transfer talks are ongoing between Arsenal and Lyon.

    The Frenchman was quizzed about his future following his side's 1-1 draw with Lorient.

    Speaking to Canal+, he said: “There is contact with clubs, I don't know yet.

    “We'll see what happens in the future.”

  • PHIL THE POWER

    Manchester City are set to tie down Phil Foden with a bumper new contract, according to 90min.

    The 20-year-old currently rakes in £30,000-per-week at the Etihad.

    But the new contract is expected to see him take home £150,000-per-week.

    He made 23 appearances for City last season, scoring five goals.

  • 'VERY HAPPY'

    Kalidou Koulibaly WILL stay at Napoli this summer, according to the Serie A side's sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli.

    The 29-year-old has attracted interest from a long list of clubs including Manchester United, City and Liverpool.

    But prior to Napoli's game against Genoa, Giuntoli told Sky Sports: “Our squad is complete, so will now try to release players who won't have much time on the pitch.

    “I think Koulibaly is staying, we are very happy and so is he.

    “He has three years on is current deal, I believe he is staying.”

  • CHEEKY DEAL?

    Aston Villa are keen to bring Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek in on loan as well as Copenhagen's Victor Nelsson in a £9million deal.

    Villa manager Dean Smith is keen to bolster his midfield and defensive options ahead of the October 5 transfer deadline.

    Chelsea midfielder Loftus-Cheek is on Villa's radar with a potential loan deal on the cards for the 24-year-old.

    Loftus-Cheek is also being tracked by West Ham and Southampton, so Aston Villa face some stiff competition if they're going to try and get this deal done.

  • ALL-OUT ATTACK

    Manchester United are ready move for Tottenham target Arkadiusz Milik after boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ruled out further defensive signings.

    According to reports in Italy, Man Utd have held talks over a potential move for the Napoli forward.

    The 26-year-old has scored 48 goals in 122 appearances for Gil Azzurri, and is yet to make an appearance this season after being left out of the opening two fixtures this season.

    United boss Solskjaer has been targeting attacking reinforcements since the transfer window opened at the end of last season.

    Jadon Sancho has been at the top of the managers wish list, but should they fail to land their top target, Milik could be the man they move for instead.

  • PARTEY TIME

    Arsenal fans are convinced Thomas Partey will join them after he was left on the bench for Atletico Madrid.

    Diego Simeone left him on the sidelines for today's LaLiga game against Granada.

    one Arsenal fan said: “Thomas Partey is on the Atletico bench and he wasn't in their kit photoshoot either.

    “Something is definitely happening behind the scenes.”

    Another supporter said: “Partey on the bench for Atletico is good news.”

  • BURNLEY BID

    Burnley are reportedly looking to raid Celtic for Ryan Christie.

    They are preparing a bid for the Celtic ace as they look to bolster their attack this season, according to the Daily Record.

    Christie, 25, scored 19 goals for Celtic in all competitions last season and is contracted to them until 2022.

  • HULL CLOSE IN

    Hull City are reportedly closing in on a deal to sign Liverpool midfielder Ben Woodburn on a season-long loan deal.

    Woodburn is wanted by the Tigers and have been linked with the player a number of times in the past, according to the Liverpool Echo.

    City boss Grant McCann told the press yesterday the club had agreed a deal for an unnamed Premier League player with a medical complete and only the paperwork to be signed off.

    He said: “We’re very close to strengthening in midfield. We’re hoping a body will come in on Monday or Tuesday.

    “The medical has been done, all agreed but the paperwork hasn’t been signed yet and until that’s done, I’ll not be speaking any more on that. We’re pleased with the signing.”

  • BLUE MILIK

    Everton are reportedly set to win the race for highly rated striker Arkadiusz Milik.

    It has been claimed that the Toffees are prepared to pay the £22.8m fee that Napoli are asking for, according to Tuttosport.

    Tuttosport also suggest that if Milik does arrive at Goodison Park, that could free up Moise Kean for a return to Juventus.

  • CANTWELL BID

    Leeds United have reportedly launched a £15million bid for Norwich City midfielder Todd Cantwell.

    Marcelo Bielsa is still in the market for another midfielder, with the publicised chase of Rodrigo de Paul hitting a stumbling block.

    Cantwell is on Bielsa’s radar and Football Insider report that Leeds have firmed up their interest by lodging an official bid.

  • MILIK BLOW

    Tottenham are reportedly going to be dealt a blow as their bid to sign Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik is set to collapse.

    Spurs have held talks with the 26-year-old’s representatives in the capital within the last 48 hours but now expect to miss out on his signature, according to Football Insider.

    The website claim that the centre-forward does not want to be back up to Harry Kane despite the offer of a lucrative contract.

Source: Read Full Article