12.15pm Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Sancho ‘£90m final bid’, Lazio want Pereira and Mata, Telles updates – The Sun

MANCHESTER UNITED have reportedly made a final £90m bid for Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho – short of the German side's £108m asking price.

Meanwhile Chelsea's N'Golo Kante and Napoli's Arkadiusz Milik are said to be shock transfer targets.

Sign up to play Dream Team 2020/21 now

  • It's completely free to play
  • Play the tradtional Season game as well as Draft
  • There's a hefty jackpot up for grabs across 2020/21
  • SIGN UP TO PLAY HERE

Get all the latest news and transfer gossip here…

  • KANTE BE GOING

    Frank Lampard insisted N’Golo Kante is part of his plans despite reported interest from Manchester United.

    United have reached out to Kante's advisors to see if a deal can be made, according to The Mirror.

    Despite United's links, Lampard has expressed his desire for Kante to stay.

    He said: “He is an incredible player, I keep saying it and I mean it, he is huge for this club.”

  • SMALL TALK

    Roma are still keen to on signing centre-back Chris Smalling.

    The defender spent last season on loan with the Italian club and impressed.

    Roma want to make a permanent move, but according to ESPN, they insist United must lower their £20m asking price.

    The 30-year-old defender has not played for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team so far this season as his Old Trafford future remains up in the air.

  • OLE IN GOOD FAITH

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praised forward Marcus Rashford after beating Brighton.

    The England forward scored a stunning solo goal over the weekend, as United won 3-2.

    And he received praise from his manager.

  • HOT PURSUIT

    Man Utd will reportedly not give up on their pursuit to sign Jadon Sancho.

    Borussia Dortmund have so far insisted the winger is not for sale, as United are unwilling to meet their £109m price tag.

    But according to ESPN, United hope an agreement can still be reached before the October 5 deadline.

    Old Trafford chiefs have agreed personal terms with Sancho but have not struck terms with Dortmund.

    United are ready to take talks all the way to deadline day.

  • WRIGHT MAN FOR IT

    Man Utdhave been told to replace Ed Woodward with former Chelsea transfer guru Michael Emenalo.

    Arsenal legend Ian Wright says the Old Trafford club should make the call to ramp up their pursuit of new players.

    He said on the Kelly and Wrighty show: “For me, and it's blatantly obvious to me, you've got someone like Michael Emenalo who was at Chelsea.

    “He won three Premier Leagues under three different managers, he's won the Champions League, he's helped oversee the loan system and the academy system at Chelsea.

    “We're talking about a director of football who knows exactly what he's doing.

    “We're talking about under [Roman] Abramovich with three different managers and he still managed, because he's a football man, to get the job done.

    “What happened with Chelsea was that when we say 'another manager's come in', but they're still winning trophies.”

  • IN OLE'S HANDS

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has reportedly been in constant contact with other managers as he looks to salvage the club’s transfer window.

    Despite being linked with quite a few players – including Dortmund's Jadon Sancho – United have signed just Donny van de Beek from Ajax.

    Fans and former players have taken aim at the club’s transfer activity, with Patrice Evra launching an astonishing rant on Instagram last week.

  • SAN OF A GUN

    Borussia Dortmund's head of football Sebastian Kehl is adamant Jadon Sancho will stay in Germany – no matter what is offered.

    He told Ruhr Nachrichten: “He [Jadon Sancho] is our player, and he will stay.

    “It was an important statement from the club because we have a certain responsibility. Without Jadon this team is weaker.”

  • ALL OR NOTHING

    Man Utd are preparing a £90million bid for Jadon Sancho with £65m of it be paid upfront, according to reports.

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has so far failed in every attempt to land his No1 transfer target – and the window shuts next Monday.

    Borussia Dortmund have appeared unwilling to budge on their £108m valuation for the England winger.

    And the Daily Mail say United will try to persuade them to sell with a move totalling £90m once 'achievable add-ons' are accounted for.

    But Dortmund's head of football Sebastian Kehl is adamant Sancho will stay in Germany – no matter what is offered.

    He told Ruhr Nachrichten: “He [Jadon Sancho] is our player, and he will stay.

    “It was an important statement from the club because we have a certain responsibility. Without Jadon this team is weaker.”

  • KEEP YOUR BEEK OUT

    Fans criticising the club's transfer window are being disrespectful to Donnny van de Beek, claimed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

    Fans have hit out at Solskjaer and the club's board for missing out on a number of top targets including Jadon Sancho.

    United are reportedly irritated by the social media frenzy and fear it will have a negative impact on the team.

    Solskjaer said: “I think you show quite a bit of disrespect to Donny when you say he was the only one, because he is a top player, and he strengthens our team.

    “Different clubs have to be allowed to do whatever they do and feel they can.

    “We are working hard to have a competitive squad and team. If and when there are updates we will give you them.”

  • TELL ME MORE

    Man Utd are reportedly confident of striking an imminent deal for for Alex Telles.

    The Star claims Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is close to agreeing terms for the Porto left-back.

    And the United boss believes Telles will be a Old Trafford player sooner rather than later.

    The Brazilian defender, 27, has just one year left on his Porto contract.

    And the Portuguese giants are believed to value Telles at around £18million.

  • SOL-ID ENOUGH

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will not be making any defensive transfers.

    The Norwegian manager insisted his side's defence is good enough and any issues are down to a lack of sharpness.

    Solskjaer said: “We've got many defenders here and I put Eric [Bailly] on to bolster the defence, following the runs of [Leandro] Trossard and [Neal] Maupay.

    “For me, we've got enough good centre-backs here at the moment.

    “When you concede chances and concede goals, there are two different things you can look at – it's either the team shape, or are there any individual mistakes.

    “We're not in our best shape of form, our shape isn't there, we're not sharp enough to stop crosses or follow the runs.

    “We're a little bit behind, that's more structural mistakes than individual mistakes. I thought Victor [Lindelof] did well today.”

  • LAZ BE HAVING TWO

    Juan Mata and Andreas Pereira could be the targets of a Lazio double swoop ahead of transfer deadline day.

    The Italian giants are looking to strengthen their attacking options after their move for David Silva fell through last month.

    The Red Devils are thought to have opened talks with Lazio officials over a deal that would see Pereira, 24, make a move to Serie A this term.

    It is thought the out-of-favour midfielder could be joined by Juan Mata.

    The Spain international, 32, has heavily linked with a move in recent months having fallen down Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s pecking order following the arrival of Bruno Fernandes.

    And Pereira is facing a battle to hold down a starting place in United’smidfield following the club’s £39million acquisition of Ajax ace Donny van de Beek.

    Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano claims discussions have already commenced between United and Lazio, with the Serie A side thought to be considering the Brazilian as an option for their midfield ranks.

  • KOP THAT

    Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp reckons United could challenge for the Premier League title this season.

    As reported by the Liverpool Echo, he said: “The Premier League and these teams with what what they do is too much and too good that the season isn't decided before started, so it doesn't just work like this.”

    Before he added: “Nobody is safe of these kinds of things and so we have to work incredibly hard to sort it out, but the other teams have no influence.

    “When we face them we want to beat them, that's all we can do, but, yes often it is an open race.

    “Chelsea will be there 100 per cent, United will be there, Arsenal and Tottenham will always be there.”

  • A LINDEL TIRED

    Man Utd are reportedly worried Victor Lindelof could be battling with fatigue – despite playing just two games so far this term.

    The Swedish centre-back struggled during his team’s shock loss to Crystal Palace last weekend and was not involved in their midweek League Cup tie at Luton.

    And while the ex-Benfica player, 26, made a comeback in United’s 3-2 away win against Brighton, the Daily Star claims the club fears the defender could be burdened by exhaustion.

    Lindelof made 47 appearances for United last term, but was left out of Sweden’s Nations League game against Spain following team medics’ concerns over his physical condition.

    And the 26-year-old’s recent performances have come in for criticism, with Red Devils icon Rio Ferdinand urging his old side to consider buying a new defender.

  • GOOD MORNING UNITED FANS

    Manchester United are ready to move for Tottenham target Arkadiusz Milik after boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ruled out further defensive signings.

    According to reports in Italy, Man Utd have held talks over a potential move for the Napoli forward.

    The 26-year-old has scored 48 goals in 122 appearances for Gil Azzurri, and is yet to make an appearance this season after being left out of the opening two fixtures this season.

    Meanwhile, United have reportedly made a shock enquiry for Chelsea's N'Golo Kante.

    But Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side face competition from Inter Milan to land the 2018 World Cup winner.

    The Mirror reports United have made contact with the French midfielder's advisors ahead of a potential deal.

    Kante, 29, could be allowed to leave Stamford Bridge by Frank Lampard if the club receive an acceptable offer.

    In other news, Juan Mata and Andreas Pereira could be the targets of a Lazio double swoop ahead of transfer deadline day.

    The Italian giants are looking to strengthen their attacking options after their move for David Silva fell through last month.

    The Red Devils are thought to have opened talks with Lazio officials over a deal that would see Pereira, 24, make a move to Serie A this term.

    It is thought the out-of-favour midfielder could be joined by Juan Mata.

  • SHARE ALIKE

    Premier League clubs have been ordered by the Government to stop splashing millions on new players and bail out their skint EFL counterparts instead.

    Culture secretary Oliver Dowden yesterday demanded England’s top division “step up to the plate” and “start looking after the football family as a whole.”

    Dowden wants a deal agreed this week for Prem sides to cough up the £250million EFL chief Rick Parry says his clubs stand to lose due to the coronavirus pandemic.

    Asked by the  BBC’s Andrew Marr if he was going to insist Prem clubs “help poorer clubs, rather than spend huge amounts of money hiring a new striker,” Dowden replied: “That’s exactly what we’re saying to them.”

  • KANTE BELIEVE IT

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants N'Golo Kante to add some extra muscle to his midfield, according to reports.

    The Mirror claim the Red Devils is a long-term admirer of the Chelsea midfielder.

    It is also claimed that Solskjaer wants the 29-year-old to “add extra muscle” to his line-up.

    Contact has been made with the midfielder's representatives – but he would have to take a big cut on his £300,000-per-week wages.

  • GUNNAR GET YOU

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has told Jadon Sancho that he expects the transfer to be completed, according to reports.

    Dortmund value their star man at a whopping £108million.

    But United are said to be plotting a £90m move for the former Manchester City ace.

    Norwegian source Dagbladet claim Solskjaer has held talks with the player to tell him that he still expects to sign him.

  • MATA OF FACT

    Juan Mata and Andreas Pereira could be the targets of a Lazio double swoop ahead of transfer deadline day. 

    The Italian giants are looking to strengthen their attacking options after their move for David Silva fell through last month.

    The Red Devils are thought to have opened talks with Lazio officials over a deal that would see Pereira, 24, make a move to Serie A this term.

    It is thought the out-of-favour midfielder could be joined by Juan Mata.

  • LIND HIM A HAND

    The Red Devils fear Victor Lindelof is ‘burned out’ and fatigued… despite playing just two games this season

    According to the Daily Star, there are serious concerns in the Old Trafford camp regarding his fitness levels.

    Lindelof is still suffering from the exhausting end to the 2020-21 campaign.

    The former Benfica star made a total of 47 appearances across all competitions last term.

  • CASH DASH

    Manchester United reportedly handed over £4.5million for Bruno Fernandes’ match-winning performance in the 3-2 victory over Brighton.

    Portuguese outlet Record claims the fee was owed to Sporting Lisbon due to Fernandes featuring in his 25th Premier League game on Saturday.

    The playmaker joined United for an initial £45million in January.

    But add-ons could see the Red Devils eventually fork out £66.7m for the 26-year-old.

    United coughed up £2.74m in July after qualifying for the Champions League.

    And they have now given another £4.5m to Sporting following Fernandes’ quarter-century of league games.

  • 'VERY HAPPY'

    Kalidou Koulibaly WILL stay at Napoli this summer, according to the Serie A side's sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli.

    The 29-year-old has attracted interest from a long list of clubs including Manchester United, City and Liverpool.

    But prior to Napoli's game against Genoa, Giuntoli told Sky Sports: “Our squad is complete, so will now try to release players who won't have much time on the pitch.

    “I think Koulibaly is staying, we are very happy and so is he.

    “He has three years on is current deal, I believe he is staying.”

  • TELL ME MORE

    Manchester United are reportedly confident of striking an imminent deal for for Alex Telles.

    The Star claims Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is close to agreeing terms for the Porto left-back.

    And the United boss believes Telles will be a Old Trafford player sooner rather than later.

    The Brazilian defender, 27, has just one year left on his Porto contract.

    And the Portuguese giants are believed to value Telles at around £18million.

  • ALL-OUT ATTACK

    United are ready move for Tottenham target Arkadiusz Milik after boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ruled out further defensive signings.

    According to reports in Italy, Man Utd have held talks over a potential move for the Napoli forward.

    The 26-year-old has scored 48 goals in 122 appearances for Gil Azzurri, and is yet to make an appearance this season after being left out of the opening two fixtures this season.

    United boss Solskjaer has been targeting attacking reinforcements since the transfer window opened at the end of last season.

    Jadon Sancho has been at the top of the managers wish list, but should they fail to land their top target, Milik could be the man they move for instead.

  • MOURINHO DIG

    Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has come under fire from Jose Mourinho after he made a joke about the Spurs boss.

    Solskjaer made the comment after United's dramatic 3-2 win over Brighton and Hove Albion.

    He said: “Last season we had too many draws, so that is a big plus for us. You have to be happy Jose is not here to measure the goal posts – it might have been a smaller goal!”

    Mourinho caught wind of this and responded to Solskjaer by saying: “I think Ole yesterday was so happy and so surprised with what happened to his team that he had a joke.”

Source: Read Full Article