Anthony Martial suffers blow in bid to escape Man Utd as Sevilla 'have little room to increase transfer offer'

MANCHESTER UNITED forward Anthony Martial has reportedly received a blow in his quest to depart in January as Sevilla are struggling to afford the Frenchman.

The 26-year-old has let it be known to interim boss Ralf Rangnick that he wishes to leave Old Trafford next month in search of regular first team football.

His agent has already made it clear his client wishes to move on having featured just seven times in the Premier League this term.

Former Monaco ace Martial has been the subject of a loan bid from Spanish side Sevilla, which is believed to have been turned down.

The LaLiga outfit were only prepared to pay half of his weekly wages, while they were also unwilling to fork out a loan fee.

And United are understood to only be considering offers that cover his full wages, and are adamant that they should receive a fee for his temporary spell away.

According to Mundo Deportivo, Julen Lopetegui's side have 'very little room' to increase their offer to bring the player to Andalusia.

The club fear they could be priced out of a deal to sign Martial as they look to replace injured wingers Suso and Erik Lamela.

latest man utd news

RED DEVILS NEWS

Rangnick blocks Henderson move, Araujo targeted, Neville SLAMS Ronaldo

Get your goss

Real Madrid want both Mbappe AND Haaland, Chelsea eye Lucas Digne

BET BONUS

Bet £20 on Man Utd vs Burnley and get money back as cash if you lose

RED CARD

Fan who ran onto pitch to celebrate Man U win is banned from football for YEARS

FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS

It has even been suggested that Sevilla would be prepared to end their interest in the Les Bleus international and turn instead to Tottenham's Steven Bergwijn.

Speaking last week, Rangnick sensationally told Martial to forget about leaving as no clubs are in for him.

He remarked: "Yes we spoke on Wednesday. We spoke at length.

"He explained to me he’s been at Manchester United now for seven years and he feels it’s the right time for a change, to go somewhere else.

“In a way this is understandable, I could follow his thoughts but on the other hand, it’s also important to see the situation of the club.

“We have Covid times, we have three competitions in which we still have high ambitions.

“I told him as long as there is no club showing interest in him, and it should not only be in the interest of the player it should also be in the interest of the club.

“So far, as far as I know, there has been no offer from any other club and as long as this is the case he will stay.”

Read our Transfer News Live blog for the very latest rumours, gossip and done deals

    Source: Read Full Article