The Arizona Coyotes (0-0) open their 2019-20 NHL campaign against the Anaheim Ducks (0-0) Thursday at Honda Center. Puck drop is scheduled for shortly after 10:00 p.m. ET.
Coyotes at Ducks: Projected starting goalies
Darcy Kuemper vs. John Gibson
Kuemper played 55 games and produced a 27-20-8 record with a .925 save percentage and 2.33 goals-against-average last season. His goalie point share was a 12. Next to Ben Bishop, Kuemper enjoyed one of the hottest second halves with 16 wins, a 2.05 GAA, and a .934 SV%.
Gibson was relied on too heavily early last season and it wore him down as the season went on. He finished over .500 and had a solid .917 save percentage but faced the third toughest shot-load in the league among high-danger chances. He led the league during the first half facing nearly 35 shots per 60 minutes.
Coyotes at Ducks: By the numbers
Lace-up your skates. It’s time to drop the puck. Get some hockey betting action in this game at BetMGM. Sign up and bet at BetMGM now!
- Arizona’s big move this summer was trading F Alex Galchenyuk for W Phil Kessel. No Coyotes forward had 20 goals and Kessel easily surpasses the mark annually.
- Anaheim bought out W Corey Perry so they could start bringing up their younger players. Sam Steel, Max Comtois and Troy Terry are the beginnings of a nice future.
- Anaheim also let go of head coach Randy Carlyle and let Dallas Eakins take the reins.
- Arizona and Anaheim both were playing just above a wild-card level spot after the All-Star Break which lends to some optimism going into the 2019-20 season.
- The Coyotes were 3-2 against the Ducks last year while scoring 15 goals and allowing 13.
- The Coyotes finished 39-35-8 last season with the Ducks going 35-37-10. Arizona was 4-3 in shootouts while Anaheim was 3-3.
- The Coyotes were 19-18-4 away from home. The Ducks were 19-14-8 at home.
Coyotes at Ducks: Key injuries
Coyotes G Antti Raanta is on a reconditioning stint in Tucson (AHL). Ducks W Ondrej Kase is out with a concussion and F Sam Steel is on the injured reserve as well.
Coyotes at Ducks: Odds, picks and betting tips
Odds courtesy of BetMGM; access them at USA TODAY Sports for a full set of today’s betting odds. Odds last updated at 10:30 a.m. ET.
Moneyline : There have been a few blowouts the past few seasons but the early matchups tend to be close and often decided by one goal. The best bet is to side with the moneyline and taking ARIZONA ( EV).
Spread : This is one to absolutely avoid. When one sees numbers like -286 and +225 for a spread, that is a major red flag.
Over/under : Take the UNDER (5.5, -121) with both teams struggling to score goals. Three of the last four early-season encounters have hit the under.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @ChrisWasselDFS and @SportsbookWire on Twitter .
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
NFL picks against the spread, Week 5: Can the Packers beat the Cowboys?
Why Juan Soto getting tagged out after his huge hit for the Nationals was actually a genius play
Patriots fans get what they wanted, which might not be good for the Patriots
Fisherman catches huge tarpon from beach
How all these Stefon Diggs trade rumors started flying around
Source: Read Full Article