BETFAIR paid out a punter almost £3,000 after the bookies' ambassador Dimitar Berbatov overruled a VAR decision.
This saw one bettor win a sensational 14-fold accumulator, despite one leg of his bet slip letting him down.
The punter had backed over 2.5 goals in Bochum vs Dortmund, but the final result was 1-1.
Dortmund scored an equaliser midway through the second half but it was ruled out by VAR after Jude Bellingham was adjudged to have blocked the keeper's view of the strike.
Julian Brandt then went on score the all important equaliser in the 85th minute.
But Betfair's ambassador Berbatov believes VAR got it wrong.
Therefore overturned the decision from Betfair's perspective, overturning this mammoth acca from a losing bet slip to a big winner worth £2,732.67
Speaking about the incident that almost cost the punter his 14-fold accumulator, Berbatov said: “I saw the Dortmund game and the goal should have stood. If I scored that and it was disallowed, I would be devastated.
“Getting 13 legs right and being let down by one thanks to that decision is tough, I feel their pain, but I have spoken to the people at Betfair and they have agreed to pay them out as a winner, after all it’s only fair.”
So far this season more than 300 bets have been either resettled or refunded by Betfair as a result of Berbatov’s rulings.
Full 14-fold accumulator:
- Man City to beat Wolves – WIN
- Arsenal to beat Southampton – WIN
- Chelsea to beat Leeds – WIN
- Liverpool to beat Aston Villa – WIN
- Man United to beat Norwich – WIN
- Fiorentina v Salernitana – Over 1.5 goals – WIN
- Venezia v Juventus – Over 1.5 goals – WIN
- Udinese v AC Milan – Over 1.5 goals – WIN
- Bayern Munich v Mainz – Over 2.5 goals – WIN
- Bochum v Dortmund – Over 2.5 goals – LOSS – Berbatov rules Dortmund’s disallowed goal should have stood, therefore this leg is a winner
- Freiburg v Hoffenheim – Over 1.5 goals – WIN
- RB Leipzig v Mgladbach – Over 1.5 goals – WIN
- Wolfsburg v Stuttgart – Over 1.5 goals – WIN
- Sporting to beat Boavista – WIN
TOTAL WINNINGS: £2,732.67
Most read in Betting Tips
World Darts Championship ODDS BOOST – Get Michael van Gerwen at 80/1 to win
Man City are favourites for Champions League despite never having won it
SPOTY 2021 odds: Emma Raducanu overwhelming 1/20 favourite
Premier League sack race – Benitez favourite to be sacked after odds shift
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry or depressed
- GamCare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
Source: Read Full Article