Boris Becker says ‘no one gave a s*** who I was in prison’ as he reveals all in first interview after release from jail | The Sun

BORIS Becker has revealed that nobody "gave a s***" who he was in prison, during his first interview since being released.

During an hour-long sit down chat with German TV, the former tennis star said: "You are nobody in prison. You are a number Mine was A2923EV I was a number. And they don't give a f*** who you are.


"I think I rediscovered the person I used to be. I've learned a hard lesson. A very expensive one. A very painful one. But the whole thing taught me something important and good. And some things happen for a good reason."

Speaking about the morning he was released and deported from the UK, he said: "I sat on the edge of my bed from six in the morning and hoped that the cell door would open.

"They came at half past seven, unlocked themselves and asked: Are you ready? I said, 'Let's go!' I had already packed everything."

The comments were made in a trailer for the bombshell programme, which is set to air on German network Sat1 at 8.30pm tonight.

READ MORE SPORT NEWS

How World Cup 2026 will be biggest tournament ever including six games A DAY

England seal historic 3-0 Test series whitewash of Pakistan for first time EVER

Becker also debuted a bold new look in the £435,000 interview after serving eight months in HMP Huntercombe in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire.

The three-time Wimbledon champion has dyed his previously silver hair strawberry blonde, according to new photos of the interview, which is set to be aired tonight.

His hair was white when he was sentenced in April this year to a two and a half year stretch, but is now a much darker reddish-blonde.

He also appears to have lost a considerable amount of weight while behind bars, as he is noticeably less thick set in the new images.

Most read in Sport

QAT'S FINE

Topless Argie fan breaks silence with more nude vids as she dodges Qatar's wrath

STRIP SEARCH

Fears grow over Argentina fan who went TOPLESS at final as new clip emerges

GETTING SALTY

Awkward moment Messi snubs Salt Bae after World Cup final as fans slam chef

MBAP FOR MORE

Mbappe breaks silence on World Cup final anguish with defiant Instagram post

Becker will speak on TV for first time since he was released from prison on December 16 after serving time for hiding assets during his bankruptcy proceedings.

The 55-year-old star sat down with German presenter Steven Gatjen for a pre-recorded, hour-long chat.

It will air on Sat 1, but reports suggest that UK networks have shown interest in broadcasting the show.

During the interview, Becker discussed his fear at being sent to share a cell with 'rapists and murderers' when he was initially sent to HMP Wandsworth.

However, he was later moved to the lower-security HMP Huntercombe to serve the rest of his time, before the TV station flew him back to his native Germany on a private jet.

Controversially, the star has been paid £435,000 for the interview, while he has also signed a contract with Apple TV+ and reportedly has several book deals in the works.

The fee has attracted criticism on social media, with commenters slamming Sat 1 for offering such a large payout.

One wrote: "It's a mess to offer a criminal this stage and pay so much money, rather donate the money much more sensible."

Another fumed: "How can you throw money down a criminal's throat. It's all about sensationalism, I hope the ratings are zero. Pathetic."

A spokesperson for Sat1 told MailOnline that they would not discuss the fee.

They said: "Trust is a valuable asset in cooperation and this includes Sat1 not quoting from contracts."

Read More on The Sun

John Barrowman cancels UK tour after ‘hardest years of his life’

Katie Price gets 16th boob job in bid to have ‘biggest breasts in Britain’

Meanwhile, Becker's lawyer, Christian-Oliver Moser, said: "My client does not receive any money to talk about his crimes."

Becker is banned from doing business in Germany until 2031 because of the bankruptcy proceedings against him, but will reportedly earn income through a company set up by his girlfriend Lilian de Carvalho Monteiro, as well as media contracts.



Source: Read Full Article