The Atlanta Hawks (2-1) and Miami Heat (2-1) meet up at AmericanAirlines Arena Tuesday with tip-off scheduled for shortly after 7:30 p.m. ET. Here, we analyze the Hawks-Heat odds and lines, with NBA betting picks and tips.
Hawks at Heat: By the numbers
Place a legal sports bet on this NBA action or other games at BetMGM.
- Miami comes in as the rested team after the Hawks lost to the Philadelphia 76ers last night by a 105-103 count.
- The Hawks won three of the four meetings last season over the Heat. Miami won the final encounter by just a point at home while Atlanta won a laugher at home and a closer five-point win earlier in the season.
- Atlanta has lost 13 of its last 14 road contests on the back end of a back-to-back.
- Six of Miami’s last seven games played to the Over with three of them topping the projection by double digits.
- Atlanta’s Trae Young has been hot in the early going, averaging 34 points per game on 52% shooting from 3-point range.
- Atlanta has outscored its opponents by 6.4 points per game. Meanwhile, Miami has outscored its opponents by 5.7 PPG.
- New York is a league-worst 17-68 on the moneyline and 34-49-2 against the spread over the last season and a week.
- The Hawks rank 24th in the league with 104.7 possessions per game. The Heat are averaging 116.7 possessions per game to rank second.
- Heat PG Goran Dragic has scored 17 or more points in his last six games against the Hawks.
Hawks at Heat: Key injuries
- Allen Crabbe (knee) out
- Chandler Parsons (knee) out
- James Johnson (conditioning) out
- Derrick Jones (groin) out
Hawks at Heat: Odds, picks and betting tips
NBA odds courtesy of BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports for a full set of today’s betting odds. Odds last updated at 10 a.m. ET.
Moneyline : The moneyline may be a little steep at -358 for Miami so this is one to avoid. Better value exists elsewhere.
Line : Get much better value on Miami to cover the spread of -8.5 with -105 odds. A $10 bet here will return a profit of $9.43 should Chicago win by two or more points. The same wager earns less than $3.00 on the moneyline.
Over/Under : Take the UNDER 224.5 (-115). Miami tops the league in pace and that may tire out the Hawks.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @ChrisWasselDFS and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
Everyone thinks a bizarre Dolphins play call is proof of tanking
Fantasy football trade targets for Week 9: Buy Le’Veon Bell, sell Julian Edelman
The World Series flashing controversy, explained
How President Trump reacted to getting loudly booed at the World Series
Nationals fan refuses to drop two beers, takes home run ball directly to the chest
Source: Read Full Article