The road to the UEFA Champions League final continues with the knockout stage, as the Round of 16 begins with two games Tuesday and two more Wednesday.
On Tuesday, Barcelona hosts Paris Saint-Germain, and does so with Lionel Messi in his best form this season, having scored nine goals in his last nine games in all competitions. PSG, meanwhile, have injury concerns with both Neymar and Angel Di Maria out. Elsewhere, Liverpool plays Leipzig with its Premier League title defense in shambles, meaning the Champions League is the Reds' last chance to collect a trophy this season. Fears of coronavirus mutations have led to the game being held in Budapest rather than Leipzig as German authorities would not grant the Liverpool team an exemption to travel restrictions.
On Wednesday, Borussia Dortmund – like Liverpool, has slim domestic league title hopes – will face a Sevilla team that has won its last nine games across all competitions. Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo returns to his native Portugal to face Porto, which enters the showdown in less than ideal form.
The Champions League final will be held at the Ataturk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul, Turkey, on Saturday, May 29 (3 p.m. ET, CBS and Paramount+).
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Confident Barcelona hosts PSG as knockout stage kicks off
Lionel Messi has scored nine goals in his last nine games. (Photo: LLUIS GENE, AFP via Getty Images)
ROUND OF 16 MATCHUPS
- Barcelona (Spain) vs. Paris Saint-Germain (France)
- RB Leipzig (Germany) vs. Liverpool (England)
- Porto (Portugal) vs. Juventus (Italy)
- Sevilla (Spain) vs. Borussia Dortmund (Germany)
- Atletico Madrid (Spain) vs. Chelsea (England)
- Lazio (Italy) vs. Bayern Munich (Germany)
- Atalanta (Italy) vs. Real Madrid (Spain)
- Borussia Monchengladbach (Germany) vs. Manchester City (England)
WHAT ARE ODDS FOR CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNER?
According to BetMGM, Manchester City and the reigning Champions League winners Bayern Munich are the favorites to win this year's competition.
- Manchester City (+300)
- Bayern Munich (+300)
- Liverpool (+600)
- Juventus (+1000)
- Paris Saint-Germain (+1100)
- Atletico Madrid (+1200)
- Real Madrid (+1400)
- Barcelona (+1800)
- Chelsea (+1800)
- Borussia Dortmund (+1800)
- RB Leipzig (+3300)
- Sevilla (+4000)
- Atalanta (+5000)
- Porto (+12500)
- Lazio (+15000)
- Borussia Monchengladbach (+15000)
ROUND OF 16 SCHEDULE
English-language live streams available on either CBS All-Access or Paramount+. Spanish-language broadcasts available on TUDN.
Tuesday, Feb. 16
- RB Leipzig vs. Liverpool, 3 p.m. ET (CBS All-Access)
- Barcelona vs. Paris Saint-Germain, 3 p.m. ET (CBS All-Access, CBS Sports Network)
Wednesday, Feb. 17
- Sevilla vs. Borussia Dortmund, 3 p.m. ET (CBS All-Access)
- Porto vs. Juventus, 3 p.m. ET (CBS All-Access)
Tuesday, Feb. 23
- Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea, 3 p.m. ET (CBS All-Access, CBS Sports Network)
- Lazio vs. Bayern Munich, 3 p.m. ET (CBS All-Access)
Wednesday, Feb. 24
- Atalanta vs. Real Madrid, 3 p.m. ET (CBS All-Access)
- Borussia Monchengladbach vs. Manchester City, 3 p.m. ET (CBS All-Access)
Tuesday, March 9
- Juventus vs. Porto, 3 p.m. ET (Paramount+)
- Borussia Dortmund vs. Sevilla, 3 p.m. ET (Paramount+)
Wednesday, March 10
- Liverpool vs. RB Leipzig, 3 p.m. ET (Paramount+)
- Paris Saint-Germain vs. Barcelona, 3 p.m. ET (Paramount+)
Tuesday, March 16
- Manchester City vs. Borussia Monchengladbach, 3 p.m. ET (Paramount+)
- Real Madrid vs. Atalanta, 3 p.m. ET (Paramount+)
Wednesday, March 17
- Chelsea vs. Atletico Madrid, 3 p.m. ET (Paramount+)
- Bayern Munich vs. Lazio, 3 p.m. ET (Paramount+)
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
Source: Read Full Article