COSTA RICA and New Zealand are the World Cup's second inter-confederation World Cup play-off.
The winner of the game will book the 32nd and final ticket to Qatar in November.
Los Ticos just missed out on an automatic qualification spot having finished below USA on goal difference.
But Costa Rica know what it takes to land a spot in the World Cup as they have competed at four of the last five tournaments.
However, New Zealand will be eager to follow in the footsteps of neighbours Australia, who triumphed over a Latin American side at the same venue in Qatar the previous evening.
The Aussies won a penalty shootout against Peru after subbing on dancing goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne in the 119th minute.
Unlike previous inter-confederation play-offs, the 2022 matches will take place over just one leg in Qatar.
READ MORE WORLD CUP NEWS
Rashford and Sancho facing World Cup AXE as Southgate reveals pair not in plans
Brooks tipped for incredible Wales return at World Cup after cancer recovery
What time does Costa Rica vs New Zealand kick off?
- Costa Rica will take on New Zealand tonight in Qatar.
- It is scheduled to kick off at 7pm UK time – 9pm local time, 12pm in Costa Rica and 6am on Wednesday in New Zealand.
- World Cup venue Al Rayyan Stadium is the assigned arena for this huge World Cup play-off and it can hold around 50,000 fans.
- The two sides have met just once historically where Costa Rica convincingly dismantled New Zealand 4-0 in 2007.
Read More on World Cup
Aussies qualify as dancing keeper Redmayne the hero
Hundreds of tickets available for England’s opening WC games as fans snub Qatar
What TV channel is Costa Rica vs New Zealand on and can I live stream it?
- Costa Rica vs New Zealand is live on the BBC Red Button.
- You can also stream it via iPlayer and the BBC Sport website.
- Viewers in the United States can watch it live on Fox Sports 2 (English) or Eurovision (Spanish).
Can I watch Costa Rica vs New Zealand for free?
- Yes. Costa Rica vs New Zealand is FREE for all UK viewers with a TV licence.
Both managers are expected to have a full bill of players available to choose from and some familiar faces are set to be involved.
Most read in Football
Building costs on Cristiano Ronaldo’s mansion almost double to £17MILLION
Referee dies after being attacked by players and fans following red card
Prem fixtures 'leaked' with Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea in horror openers
Dapper Beckham giggles with daughter Harper as they head to Venice bash
Costa Rica boss should Luis Fernando Suarez will be tempted to put Paris Saint-Germain keeper Keylor Navas in goal who has recently joined up with the squad.
36-year-old veteran captain Bryan Ruiz is expected to take charge of the side and former Arsenal forward Joel Campbell will be eager to add to his goal tally when he leads the line.
Elsewhere, Winston Reid could be on skipper duties for New Zealand and he'll be hoping that Newcastle forward Chris Wood can save the day up-top.
90 minutes only
- Costa Rica to win 10/11
- Draw 9/5
- New Zealand to win 4/1
To qualify (Incl ET and Pen)
- Costa Rica to qualify 4/11
- New Zealand to qualify 15/8
*Odds courtesy of Betfair correct as of Tuesday, June 14
Source: Read Full Article