Why does France rugby coach Fabien Galthie wear thick-rimmed glasses? | The Sun
FABIEN GALTHIE and France are back in action at the Six Nations looking to reclaim the trophy.
Last year, France secured the Grand Slam, winning all five of their games.
Ireland finished as runners-up – their sole defeat coming to champions France.
England won just two games – against Italy and Wales – and ended up finishing third in the table.
This year, France will be up against Italy in Rome to kick off their defence.
And you may notice France coach Galthie sporting his trademark thick-rimmed glasses on the touchline.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST ONLINE CASINOS FOR 2023
Why does Fabien Galthie wear thick-rimmed glasses?
Fabien Galthie is always seen wearing his thick-rimmed glasses.
And the coach – who also captained France as a player – has explained why.
Galthie, 53, only started wearing glasses in his mid-forties and says that the thick-rimmed ones he wears now are unbreakable.
He said: "These are plastic sports glasses that allow you to run, to fall, because I broke all my glasses before.
Most read in Rugby Union
Six Nations 2023 TV channel schedule: Which matches are live on BBC and ITV?
Sensational Scots ruin Steve Borthwick's Six Nations start
Van der Merwe with second WONDER-TRY as Scots fight back
Fans go wild as Van der Merwe scores try from own half as Scots defeat England
"My eyesight deteriorated around 46-47 years old. I had to put on stronger glasses, but above all I had to stop breaking them."
When is Italy vs France?
- Italy's Six Nations clash against France will take place on Sunday, February 5.
- It is scheduled to get underway at 3pm GMT – 4pm local time.
- Stadio Olimpico in Rome, Italy is the allocated arena for this match and it can host approximately 72,698 fans.
- Les Bleus demolished Italy 37-10 when the side's met last year February.
Which Six Nations games are on BBC and which are on ITV?
Saturday, February 4
- Wales vs Ireland – 2:15pm (BBC & S4C)
- England vs Scotland – 4:45pm (ITV)
Sunday, February 5
- Italy vs France – 3pm (ITV)
Saturday, February 11
- Ireland vs France – 2:15pm (ITV)
- Scotland vs Wales – 4:45pm (BBC & S4C)
Sunday, February 12
- England vs Italy – 3pm (ITV)
Saturday, February 25
- Italy vs Ireland – 2:15pm (ITV)
- Wales vs England – 4:45pm (BBC & S4C)
Sunday, February 26
- France vs Scotland – 3pm (ITV)
Saturday, March 11
- Italy vs Wales – 2:15pm (ITV)
- England vs France – 4:45pm (ITV & BBC)
Sunday, March 12
- Scotland vs Ireland – 3pm (BBC & S4C)
Read More on The Sun
Woman’s dad converted the garage into a studio flat so she’d have her own space
Thousands missing out on up to £442 in free food vouchers – can you claim?
Saturday, March 18
- Scotland vs Italy – 12:30pm (BBC & S4C)
- France vs Wales – 2:45pm (ITV)
- Ireland vs England – 5pm (ITV)
Source: Read Full Article