WWE legend Rey Mysterio reportedly turned down a huge offer from All Elite Wrestling.
The luchador, 45, was written off TV recently after his eye was extracted by Seth Rollins during a brutal Extreme Rules match.
He was widely-reported to be working on a pay-per-appearance basis for WWE after his contract expired earlier in the year.
That means he could legally have jumped ship to the Tony Khan-backed rival promotion AEW, following in the footsteps of Jon Moxley, Matt Hardy and Brodie Lee.
However, he and his family are now being rewarded for staying loyal by Vince McMahon as his son Dominik continues his path to stardom in WWE.
Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer said: “Rey could have walked in AEW in the middle of this program.
“He wasn’t gonna do it because he’s Rey and he told them he wouldn’t and no matter what he wouldn’t. But the point is that legally he could have.
“I know that loyalty to Vince is a one-way street — you have to be loyal to him and he doesn’t have to be loyal to you but there is something to that right now but he’ll probably forget it at some point too, down the line.
“Usually, it’s sooner than later.”
Mysterio has returned to TV screens in recent weeks as Dominik receives a huge push.
After the youngster made his in-ring debut against Rollins at SummerSlam, he achieved a life-long ambition the next night when he tag-teamed with his dad to take on the Monday Night Messiah and Murphy.
The Mysterios, including Rey’s daughter Aalyah and wife Angie, closed out this week’s episode of Raw.
Dominik defeated Murphy in a Street Fight after his family helped him deliver a vicious beatdown.
Source: Read Full Article