RIVERDALE'S Lili Reinhart has ranted about playing a teenager as an adult – and is beyond excited for season 5's big time jump.
The 24-year-old actress plays Betty Cooper on The CW teen drama series, who is nine years younger than her actual age.
During a recent appearance on Late Night with Seth Meyers, the star opened up about excited she is about the new seasons shake-up, which will see the characters move forward several years.
She said: "I get to play someone who's my age now and not a teenager," she said.
"I'm going up in the world… I don't want to be 30 playing an 18 year old!"
In May Executive producer and showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa confirmed that the fifth season will move forward several years.
The cast, who signed off of season 4 still in high school, will fast forward past their university years.
He told TV Line: "We've been talking and planning on doing a time jump, and of course, usually time-jumps happen in between seasons, because there's a tease at the very end."
The Hustlers star also give an insight into what it's like working on set of the teen drama since the coronavirus hit earlier this year.
She added: "It's interesting.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
"I was little nervous that it was going to be too sterile of an environment to be creative in, but we're just on top of our game, being very safe.
"People wear lanyards with a colour on them that indicate how close they can get to the cast."
Back in July Lili revealed she had been suffering from extreme anxiety due to the ongoing pandemic and couldn't “deal with going out in public.”
The TV star also recently came out as a “proud bisexual woman” weeks after her split with co-star Cole Sprouse over the summer.
Riverdale is available to stream on Netflix now.
Source: Read Full Article