SIMON Cowell's friendship with David Walliams is said to be "on the rocks" after the former show star sued Britain's Got Talent.
The Sun exclusively revealed how Little Britain comedian David, 52, is suing BGT show bosses Fremantle for a data protection breach over his x-rated rants about contestants.
He is seeking significant damages after he was dropped from the ITV show in November last year, after the best part of 10 years as a BGT judge.
Although David's court case lies with Fremantle – not former co-star and music mogul Simon, 63, – sources have claimed it has now affected their friendship.
They told MailOnline there is now "some distance" between the pair as the court case plays out.
David stepped down from ITV's hit reality TV series after a transcript of comments he made about contestants during a break in filming was leaked.
READ MORE DAVID WALLIAMS
David Walliams SUES BGT bosses after he was axed over X-rated rant
How to join The Sun’s brilliant new WhatsApp channel in three easy steps
He called one OAP a "c***" three times and said of another: "She thinks you want to f*** her, but you don't."
The derogatory remarks were picked up on his microphone during auditions at the London Palladium in January 2020.
David apologised after the comments were made public at the end of last year.
The star, a hugely popular children's author and TV personality, lodged papers at London's High Court last Thursday.
Most read in Reality
back to reality
My Mum Your Dad star goes back to ‘normal work’ just days after show ends
Bake Off stars who look unrecognisable – from bodybuilding to Strictly hunk
MAFS ‘intruder bride’ Adrienne unrecognisable before eight stone weight loss
Strictly legend makes sensational return to show four years after quitting
They appeared under his real name David Edward Williams.
He accuses Fremantle of a data protection breach over the leaked transcript which ended his 10-year BGT judging career.
And he has hired legal powerhouse, Brandsmiths, who specialise in data protection breaches.
In a statement issued before he quit, David said: "I would like to apologise to the people I made disrespectful comments about during breaks in filming for Britain's Got Talent in 2020.
"These were private conversations and – like most conversations with friends – were never intended to be shared. Nevertheless, I am sorry."
There is no suggestion that Simon or any other judge made offensive remarks about contestants.
ITV said it did not "condone" the language used and had spoken to producers of BGT.
David, who joined the talent show in 2012, was later replaced by former Strictly judge Bruno Tonioli.
Source: Read Full Article