Boy in Vietnam dies after charging phone explodes during online lesson

Boy, 11, dies after charging phone explodes during online lesson in Vietnam

  • An 11-year-old boy died after his mobile phone exploded during an online lesson
  • The device had been plugged in and was on charge when it ignited
  • Neighbours rushed to help the boy but he died shortly after arriving at hospital

A school-aged boy has died in Vietnam after his mobile phone exploded while he was in an online class at home.

The 11-year-old, who has only been named as ‘NVQ’ by local media, had been attending an online lesson at home in the Nghe An province.

While using his mobile phone, which had been plugged in to charge, the fifth grader’s device was set ablaze, according to Le Trung Son, a Vietnamese education official.

The boy was set on fire by the flames from his phone at around 4pm, with neighours attempting to help him.

A school-aged boy has died in Vietnam after his mobile phone exploded while he was in an online class at home (stock image)

He was rushed to hospital so that he could be treated for his injuries, but died shortly after. 

Police are now believed to be investigating the incident and as yet it is not known what type of phone or charger the boy had been using. 

Following the incident, local education officials visited the boy’s home and paid their condolences to his parents. 

Children in Nam Dan district returned to school three weeks ago but but as a Covid-19 precaution continue to attend classes virtually once every week. 

The continuation of full-time online classes for school pupils currently only takes place in Cua Lo Town and Vinh City. 

The 11-year-old, who has only been named as ‘NVQ’ by local media, had been attending an online lesson at home in the Nghe An province. Pictured: Stock image of a house in the Nghe An province

Source: Read Full Article