A FORMER Burger King worker has claimed she was forced to take down a sign reading “we all quit” by her bosses on Saturday before she was fired.
Rachael Flores, a former general manager at a Burger King location in Nebraska, claimed she and eight coworkers had already handed in their two weeks’ notice when they put up the sign, which went viral.
It read “we all quit, sorry for the inconvenience” in large lettering right underneath the Burger King logo.
Flores said she decided to leave the post she has held since January after working 60-hour weeks in the restaurant she says was drastically understaffed.
She claimed that work conditions were unsatisfactory and that a manager called her a “baby” when she was hospitalized with dehydration at the end of one shift in the hot restaurant.
The staff had reportedly joked about putting the sign up the previous day but followed through over the weekend without the knowledge of upper management.
“They wanted to put up a sign to say, you know sorry there’s really not going to be anyone here,” Flores told KLKN.
“Just kind of a laugh to upper management.
“That got put up yesterday before we opened, and I didn’t think anybody was going to notice it, because we did just one sign, and then it went pretty crazy on Facebook."
BURGER KING 'FIRED EMPLOYEE'
Flores added that once the sign gained traction online, “I got a call from my upper management and they told me I needed to take it down.”
She claims that shortly afterward she received a call from her boss to say she was fired and to hand in her keys.
Flores claimed that there has been a high turnover of district managers in the six months since she began working at the restaurant but that “no one has come to the store to help me out.”
“They’re so in and out,” the ex-employee added.
She also alleged that the temperature in the kitchen, where there is no air conditioning, at one point reached over 90 degrees.
Another former employee, Kylee Johnson, said she and the others handed in their notice after Flores decided to leave.
“I just stayed to help Rachael out,” she told the network.
“She’s my best friend. She’s been with me through a lot. I just want to help her as much as I can.
“I knew what was going on staffing-wise," Johnson added
“We were just waiting for more people to come then and we got nobody.”
Both former employees claimed working conditions were unsafe with only three to four people working during lunch hours.
The Havelock Burger King remains open after the mass staff departures.
Flores and Johnson claim new recruits are now leaving after days as it remains understaffed.
They allege that other Burger King restaurants are experiencing the same staff shortages.
Burger King has not yet responded to a request for comment.
Source: Read Full Article