Charlie Hebdo's HR boss had 'minutes' to leave home after death threat

Charlie Hebdo magazine’s HR chief had ‘ten minutes’ to leave home forever after receiving death threats during terror trial

  • Marika Bret has been living under police protection since the attack in 2015
  • She left her home last week and said she would not be returning due to threats 
  • Trial is currently ongoing for 14 suspected accomplices to the attack in Paris 

Charlie Hebdo’s head of human resources was given ‘ten minutes’ to leave her home forever after police received credible death threats during the terror trial.

Marika Bret has been living under police protection for nearly five years in the aftermath of the terrorists assault on the satirical magazine’s headquarters in January 2015.

But she was escorted out of her home by police last week after receiving threats that were ‘sufficiently concrete to be taken seriously’. 

Bret said that she would not be returning. 

Marika Bret (pictured) has been living under police protection for nearly five years in the aftermath of the deadly assault on the satirical magazine’s headquarters in January 2015

‘I had ten minutes to gather my things and leave my home. Ten minutes to leave behind a part of my life, that’s a bit short, that’s very brutal,’ she told weekly news magazine Le Point published on Monday.

The threats coincide with the trial of 14 suspected accomplices of the perpetrators of the massacres at Charlie Hebdo and a Jewish supermarket that left a total of 17 dead.

Twelve people, including some of France’s most celebrated cartoonists, were killed on January 7, 2015, when brothers Said and Cherif Kouachi went on a gun rampage at the offices of the magazine, whose no-taboo style, including publishing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed, had divided the country.

Brett, the head of human resources, (pictured wearing a face mask to walk into the courthouse in Paris for the trial earlier this month) was given ‘ten minutes’ to leave her home forever after police received credible death threats during the terror trial

Twelve people were killed on January 7, 2015, when brothers Said and Cherif Kouachi went on a gun rampage at the offices of the magazine (above)

There is ‘a crazy amount of hatred surrounding Charlie Hebdo’, Bret told Le Point, saying the forced departure from her home ‘translates the unprecedented level of tension that we are having to deal with’.

Since the start of the trial, which prompted Charlie Hebdo to republish controversial cartoons, ‘we have received all kinds of horrible messages, notably threats from Al-Qaeda, and calls to finish the job started by the Kouachi brothers,’ Bret said.

Al-Qaeda earlier this month threatened Charlie Hebdo with a repeat of the massacre of its staff.

Source: Read Full Article