Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'not ready to come back to UK for Christmas' as they're 'enjoying life in LA'

MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry are not ready to come back to UK for Christmas as they're enjoying life in California, it was claimed today.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are currently living at their £11.2million mansion in Santa Barbara after quitting the Royal Family this year.

⚠️Read our Meghan and Harry blog for the latest news on the Royal couple

And a source today claimed to Vanity Fair that Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, were "not ready" for a family reunion at Christmas back in Britain.

They said: "At this stage they are really enjoying their new life in California and their new home.

"There are currently no plans for them to return to the UK for Christmas."

They added: "Let's just say that while things are better between Harry and his brother, it's not what it was, and I don't think anyone is ready for a cozy family Christmas right now."

The couple spent the festive season last year with Meghan's mum Doria and their son Archie in Canada, meaning it will be the second year in a row where they miss the Royal Family Christmas.

Prince Harry recently hinted at not returning to the UK in a Zoom interview with the Evening Standard, saying "everything has been through video".

He added: "It doesn't matter where in the world we have been" as he discussed keeping in touch with British charities.

The claims come after excerpts were today released of the bombshell book Battle of Brothers – including reports of Prince William and Prince Harry's eroding relationship.

Author Robert Lacey believes their unique bond has been shattered by how the Sussexes went about Megxit.

It was even claimed Williamrefused to dine with Harry and the Queen when the 36-year-old royal was called to the “Sandringham Summit” to discuss Megxit – so angry it was like he had "un-brothered" the Duke of Sussex.


The Sandringham summit was arranged for Monday, January 13 where Harry would finally speak with the Queen, Charles, William, and their aides.

Author Lacey wrote: “The Queen had suggested the family should gather for lunch before their big pow-wow in the library that afternoon, but he refused his grandmother’s invitation.

“He would obviously turn up at 2pm for the meeting, he said, but he only wanted to talk business.

“The Prince himself has not confirmed his friends’ speculation that he was so furious with his younger brother that he would not be able to endure the hypocrisy of smiling at him over lunch.”

Other claims in the book include:

  • The Royal brother's rift started when Harry announced Megxit without consulting the Queen
  • Prince William was so angry with Harry's behaviour it was as if he had "un-brothered" him
  • Palace insiders thought Meghan's ITV Africa interview was 'miserably self-indulgent'
  • The Sussexes were "non-personed" when the Queen deliberately left Duke and Duchess of Sussex picture off the table during her Christmas speech
  • Harry and Meghan gave just ten minutes' notice to the palace over their decision to quit the Royal Family
  • The couple's refusal to reveal who Archie godparent's were showed they had an "exaggerated idea of their own importance"

Sources say William was stunned at Harry’s decision to throw away his duty and service to the crown, and furious that the Queen had been backed into a corner.

The author, who wrote a biography of the Queen in the 1970s titled Majesty, believes there is time to heal the rift but that the Palace “is not working in that direction”.

The Sun can reveal that William and Harry have barely spoken in the past few months, other than to wish each other Happy Birthday.

The rift has only worsened as William and Kate have been left carrying out royal engagements during the virus pandemic.

Harry and Meghan have continued to make public announcements on their new life including their multi-million-pound Netflix deal.

In August they revealed they had taken out a mortgage on a nine-bed house in Montecito, California.



Source: Read Full Article