Schoolgirls spend night trapped inside train after falling asleep

Schoolgirls spend night trapped inside train after falling asleep when it finished its journey – sparking desperate all-night hunt for them

  • Amy Greenan, 12,  spent the night locked in with her friend in Balloch, Scotland
  • The schoolgirls were about to break a window when they were discovered 
  •  Families were panicked after girls didn’t return home from a trip to Glasgow

Two missing schoolgirls were forced to spend the night on a train after being locked inside, prompting an all-night search by their families. 

Amy Greenan, 12, and her friend fell asleep on the train headed for Balloch, Scotland while travelling back from a day out in Glasgow. 

The pair were found on Saturday morning after they flagged down a passer by, who alerted staff.  

Amy’s mother, Bonnie Louise Greenan, 36, told the Scottish Daily Record that the two girls were about to break a window to escape before they were discovered. 

Amy Greenan, pictured, was locked on the train overnight with a friend from school 

‘I was hysterical and have not had a wink of sleep all night,’ she said. 

‘The girls were at school during the day and then they had planned a sleepover later that night. At about 7pm I tried to call her but her phone was dead. The same was true with her pal’s phone.

 ‘Her mum and I both eventually contacted the police when they didn’t show up. It was such a worrying time. One of their other pals told us they had been in Glasgow and were on a Balloch train.

‘So I was driving about checking the trains, checking their usual haunts but there was no sign of them at all.  

‘First thing in the morning after being up all night, we got a call from the police in Helensburgh saying they had the girls. They had fallen asleep on the train and when the came to, the train was locked.

Amy’s, (pictured right) mother spent the night searching for her daughter and her friend

‘They tried to sleep through the night and hopefully alert someone in the morning. On Saturday morning they were about to break the glass when they saw a girl walking past on the platform and they caught her attention.

‘She then went and got staff who let them out. They were hysterical. Amy was cold and tired and someone went to Greggs and got her food and a drink. They were scared.  

‘Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.’  

The incident is now being investigated with the assistance of Police Scotland.   

Source: Read Full Article